Clear All

Just like the bodies.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yeah the exhaust on my truck is cheapo exhaust shop aluminum, and i'm sure the condensation and acid from my cheapo catalytic converter doesn't help, when I put headers on i'm gonna scrap the cat and go catless, last time my truck was inspected the guy never even checked for a cat, so i'm not running one lol. My Silverado and Mustang never had them at all from the minute I owned them to the time I sold them, so who needs them?
      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I forgot to add:
        I took a look at the cats while the H-pipe was off. They looked good.
        I looked at the mufflers as well.
        Passenger side; eh, a bit of black spots on the entrance wall part-thingy of the muffler.
        Driver side; Poo. Black. With oil dripping down the entrance wall part-thing. No bueno. Burning oil like a boss.

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

my 93 didn't burn that much oil before it cratered at 210K. But then I was running 10w-30 blend too so that it wouldn't burn it so fast.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

At 96K miles my 92 was burning a quart ever 200 miles.
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
              At 96K miles my 92 was burning a quart ever 200 miles.
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

my thunderbird wasnt too bad, quart about every 750 miles

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I have the solution to my oil leaks. I just need to put it in.

-ryan s.
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                  97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

My Town Car is burning 1qt in roughly 1500mi. 84k miles on it. FML. Was not expecting that, what with it being a '97, a relatively low mile one at that too. All well, just valve seals. Spring project for me.
                    -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
                    1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
                    1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
                    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

Dang, I wouldn't expect a 97 to have that issue either. Well, you will have a "spring" project. lol. oh boy.
                      Finished powder coating another winter wheel. I just need to find 2 more aero steelies and then life is good.

-ryan s.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

yeah... replace the springs along with the seals.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I lost a half quart in about 3500 miles on my quarter million mile 302. Thats abnormally high for that engine. The Towncar uses no oil, nor does the truck. The Townie used to vomit oil like mad when I got it, but it was mostly gasket leakage. Then the motor blew up, so I have no idea if it burned oil or not.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah, I bought some more oil and put it in. I need to have two winter tires mounted on the rims I did. Unfortunately, if I like it or not, winter is coming, that is a fact. So I still need to ready my car to brave the elements.

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

I see you are still updating your Ecomodder thread as well. Glad to see that even with this change in direction you're still gonna play with eco-modding it!
                              Last edited by MrMarquis; 11-13-2012, 07:59 AM.

sigpic
                              - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

For anyone interested in what ScottyMang was talking about:

Still going to continue with the eco-modding. I need to take care of a few things first.

Nothing stupid to report. Yet. We're already halfway to December! Wow!

-ryan s.
                                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
                                X