No announcement yet.

The 93 GM "Tank of Justice II" (TOJ2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am trying to drop 35 lbs from my body!
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

It's been having battery issues.
      I put the battery on the charger for quite sometime. I put the battery back in, started it up, and dtove it around for half-hour. I shut the.car off and tried to start it again.
      Nothing.
      I watched the voltmeter just drop off.
      Eww.
      I also figured out why my battery light kept coming on. The charge cable the went from the distribution box to the battery, was loose. The terminal connection, where the wires hook up to the terminals, was also loose.
      The battery was previously drained a few times, so, I didn't expect it to last too long.
      The new battery came out of a brand new F-150. Sweet.
      I also powder coated a bracket and relocated the "quarter" to the throttle bracket.
      Life is good.

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

When it rains it pours.
        The trans started a little slipping. Fluid level wasn't correct--->left car idling for 15 minutes-->started burning oil-->smoking like a champ now.
        Oh, there's a leaking tailshaft bushing.
        There's more noticable slop in the converter.
        I knew the left upper ball joint was going. I clacked really good when I pulled out of a parking spot.
        That's it's way of telling me to park it before it breaks big time.
        When it's raining out, now it has issues starting. It turns over like a champ, I hear the fuel pump. It chuggas for about 5 seconds before starting. I put it in reverse and dies instantly. This goes on for about 2-3 minutes before I can drive.
        But only when it's wet out.
        I need to take a good look around my harness and stuff.
        And hurry up with this damn WAP block for the Tank.
        Plus I have a spark plug stuck in the #7 cylinder. So that has to come off soon.
        Ya.

-ryan s.
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Weighed the Tank today. Almost 3 gallons of gas and me in it.
          4040lbs.

-ryan s.
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Sounds like shot plug wires if it won't run for crap when damp out.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Just changed the wires less than 3k miles ago. It's stumbling, so that means I need to change the #8 spark plug, because I ran the piss out of it with the blown intake manifold gasket.
              I'm sure that needs to be addressed.
              Need another set of wheel spacers and maybe go pick up my MarkVIII drivetrain in the next week or so.

-ryan s.
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Installed a 75mm throttle body. Made it green and painted the bracket satin black to match the theme.

Nom nom nom

Installed:

Other pics after it dries, and I find something I slightly misplaced. I need to find it to win.

-ryan s.
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Officially cleared 1,000 miles since the PI intake swap and pretty much all of the issues have been ironed out.
                  Bought a E3 spark plug to replace the crapped out on on the #8 cylinder.
                  And some LEDs for the interior and trunk.
                  And some PlastiDip.
                  Wowsers.
                  Results soon.

-ryan s.
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Tank gonna tank
                    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

The 15-bulb LEDs arrived. $6.95 each in 6k cool white color.
                      These blow away everything I've had. Just one in the dome light lit up the entire cabin of the car. I wish I could take awesomes pictures that really show the brightness of them. Ahh, I need to order more for the tail lights and side marker running lights. Once I get the brake lights and directionals that flash, then I'll pick up the sweet relay/flasher that creates the resistance load for the LEDs.
                      Here's a pic to give an idea on how tiny these guys are:

These are 194/921 bulbs from www.superbrightleds.com. I recommend them. If your order is placed before 1pm CST, it ships that day. I ordered mine on Friday and they showed up yesterday. Not bad for $2.99 shipping.

Eh, here's a before:

And after:

Oh, and soon. Soon.....

-ryan s.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Ordered 4 more 15-bulbs LEDS. I think I know where I want to put these. Not quite sure yet.
                          BUT I did temp install my 30-bulb LED into the dome light.
                          INSTANT DAYLIGHT.
                          I made the mistake of looking into the LED as I plugged it in.
                          That was wrong.
                          That was about 155 Lumens wrongs.
                          F.
                          But that's going into the trunk. I think. I don't necessarily think I have this all planned out. But oh well.
                          No progress on the motor swap. I still have some rims to powder coat and stuff.
                          About to break 216k.

-ryan s.
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

The interior lighting is now all LEDs. Soon the cluster and tail lights will follow.
                            Installed the 30 LED bulb guy into the trunk. Yes. I can really see stuff now!
                            The electric fan stopped working. I figured it was the temp-controlled relay stuff.
                            It was.
                            Now to dig up a relay, and wire it all into the factory junction box and add ANOTHER switch plus indicator light to the interior.
                            Emptied the garbago out of the car.
                            Started sanding a few things.

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Bondo!!!
                              Removed the two badges on the c-pillar, and secured the big 30LED assembly in the trunk.
                              Removed the wiring for the temp-control relay for the fan.
                              Maybe going to sand down more tonight.
                              Might wire in the new fan relay and stuff.

-ryan s.
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Ordered another set of wheel spacers.
                                Next week, ordering the KYB Gas-A-Justs. Then all I need are springs and I can rebuild the front end.
                                And do random body work/anything I can accomplish at work as time allows.

-ryan s.
                                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
                                X