• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahaha.
    Suck.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

you're missing some sockets in that box mang.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I'm doing work. They're here and there.....
        Dammit.
        I have stuff to do.

-ryan s.
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Umm, why?
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Update!

How to fix a brake line:

Remove tire:

Remove directional:

Remove bumper cover?:

Remove hood?:

Remove inner fender?:

Remove fender?:

Remove header panel?:

Remove front suspension?!: I think I've gone too far.

Since we are buying a house, we made the decision to overhaul the Tank before the move so that we don't have to worry about it down the road, and that I don't have to search for tools after the move.
            I have that new-ish fender that needs to go on, and well as newer, non-broken header panel. The fender removal really helped with fixing the brake line. I ran new brake line to the rear distrobution block, front distro block, and left front tire.
            And since the fender was off, and I had all the parts for the front end rebuild, I did it as well.
            Black Energy Suspension poly bushings, Moog springs (cut 3/4 coil because), KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, Moog lower and upper ball joints, and freshly powder coated bits and pieces.

Before:

Hey! Pretty!!

After:

I know I need new tires. It's going to happen shortly, so don't worry.

And, I found this sweet hole in my PCM harness. It was chaffing on the inner fender where the connections are.

This caused the PCM issue I've had for a few years, and I couldn't find it because it was burried in the inner fender. It also chaffed through the reverse lights wire.

And after I got it started and put it on ramps to torque the lower control arms, I noticed fluid coming from the left rear.
            Gas.
            When I removed the old brake line, I apparently broke the return fuel line.
            So I replaced that last night with a big line of 3/8" fuel injection hose from the rail to the tank. No more F'n around.
            It also ran out of gas, because after I started it to move it, I let it run for 10 minutes.
            Video to post later.

-ryan s.
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Nice work!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Beautiful!!! Now paint that frame mang! :p

This is what happened when I rebuilt the CV front suspension. I got everything together and then I snapped the brake line on the passenger side. That caused a 1 week delay and many curses.

Packman

Comment

I know my PCM harness is fine on my 93... but it seems I have a little more slack with my inner fenders too.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

-ryan s.
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

dayum

Comment

Ouch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                        Past Panthers
                        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Please tell me that's not brake fluid.

Packman

Comment

That's not brake fluid... that's gas.

Comment

Rust is not your friend.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

No. But this is...

-ryan s.
                                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
                                X