The 93 GM "Tank of Justice II" (TOJ2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Git er dun!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Block is cleaned, taped off and primed.
      Tomorrow night will be green.

That water pump is shit. It's easier putting it on there to paint than tape off.

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I see the trouble now. There is paint where the camshaft goes.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            I see the trouble now. There is paint where the camshaft goes.

Comment

WOWSERS

-ryan s.
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Green means it kills zombies, right?
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  Green means it kills zombies, right?
                  That is my understanding of color code. ;D

Comment

But it won't be fast. That would be blue I believe.

Comment

Since he's going for outlasting the zombies (high mpg)... green would be good then.

Comment

So, I removed the final piece of the A/c system. Whatever the hell that piece after the blower is called. I took it out and resealed the box with grey RTV and reinstalled it. That was good for a 5.2 lbs reduction, which leads to a total reduction of 118.2lbs, and that doesn't include the block swap!
                        I removed whatever was left of the Evap line that ran to the charcoal canister. I also removed the right front brake line, but it should be replaced tomorrow night.
                        Started painted more stuff. (Turns out my powder didn't match the paint, and I'm out of fucks to give).
                        Started cleaning up the frame and cross-member, and will coat it with rust-encapsulator, then coat with plastidip.
                        I'm taking some parts to work to morrow to run through the parts cleaner, ultra-sonic cleaner, then cootermachine.

Woot!

-ryan s.
                        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Progress!

The opposite of Congress!

Comment

Set the main caps up tonight. Also installed the rear main oil seal as well.
                            Tomorrow night the pistons go in. Hopefully I can get the oil pump installed too.
                            I need to clean out the oil pump pick up, and send my heads through the cootercleaner tomorrow. It should remove any beads still in there from bead blasting. Then they get reassembled and installed!
                            Getting close.

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Comment

The front four pistons were installed (1,2,5,6)
                                I ran out of time. I might get some more time soon. Yeah.

-ryan s.
                                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
                                X