The 93 GM "Tank of Justice II" (TOJ2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank of Justice II (aka Evergreen )

Lookin good. Is it supposed to pop like that when it comes down to idle?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Pop? I don't care, it sounds awesome!!! And I just put the aluminum driveshaft in and am finishing up the J-mod. pics to follow.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

I'm just wondering... I seem to hear that more on vehicles with more agressive cams than the lopo cam.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Sweet.
          I don't have any cams. Just stock NPI heads!

So, i have a 4R70W output shaft housing with the aluminum driveshaft.
          If you put the output shaft housing from the 4R70W on, it has a bigger bushing on the back, which accepts the bigger flange on the aluminum driveshaft. So, you don't have to swap the flanges from the steel one.

And I officially finished the J-mod on the AODE.
          I did just the separator plate mod. No springs were removed. But, man, I LIKE IT!!!! It shifts like KA-CHOW!!!!!
          ANd make sure when you install the valve body, make sure the gear select actuator lines up with the rooster teeth on the shifter linkage or it won't shift into gear, and you'll have to rip everything apart to fix it. trust me.

any questions, please ask away!!!!!

J-MOD on the AODE is possible.

I have an extra separator plate. I'm willing to drill it and sell with gaskets if anyone wants.....

-ryan s.
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

that pop is just slight reversion from freer flowing exhaust

Comment

You weld the tips on yourself or have take it to a shop? Either way they look great! Little over a month to go....
              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

My cousin is a welder by trade. We mocked them up on the Tank, then we got the angle.
                He took the tips and the adapters into work, and welded them together. Then, i went over to his house, and we cut the existing pipe, slide the tips over, and welded it on!
                It looks very professional.

And you're on, buddy!! ;-)
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Tank is still rockin' and rollin'. No further updates now. Waiting to buy the suspension puller kit to do the pitman arm swap on the steering box.
                  I'm sinking all my money into trying to get this business off the ground.
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

1MAY10

I'm going to start doing general updates on the first.
                    Well, I'm working til saturday. Thats my big maintenance day. Steering box, LR brake, interior reassembly, oil change, Tire Pressure, transmission servicing.
                    Got to get it ready for SouthernFest!!
                    Unfortunately, the massive switch mod won't be done in time for SouthernFest. Atleast I don't think it will.
                    Ok. I'm out.

-ryan s.
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Well I fixed the Left Rear brake problem.
                      The top bolt in the caliper left. As in, egressed the car and not there anymore. The other one on the bottom unscrewed. So the brake was just hanging out and having fun.
                      And riding on the rotor hub and the rim. Lot's of metal shavings and such.
                      Also, reinstalled my passenger seat and put the rest of my car back together. So now the interior is back.
                      And i replaced my electric fan switch. the 20A one failed. Actually, its the second 20A switch that's failed. And that's my fault for getting a switch that wasn't capable. So, i didn't eff around this time and sank a 50A switch in there. No more burning up switches. For now.

That's all until saturday when the steering box goes in.

By the way, since i put the new tailshaft housing and driveshaft in, the transmission leaking has stopped.
                      yea!!

-ryan s.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

w00t! always like it when a leak gets fixed.

Comment

its always those pesky gremlins that rear they ugly heads, cant wait to see more updates.
                          89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Tank is about to break 162k.
                            Went to Scott's 2 weeks ago. Thain and I put my sweet newer green power steering box in, and put some new outer tie rods on so it drives generally straight. I'll have to take a new pic under the hood with the newer box.

I haven't had much time to do any maintenance. These are the times that my car performs the best. Exactly when I need it to. I'll take care of the Tank when things calm down.

I may just run this car as long as I can and start saving money for a house and a new F350.

OKs,

- ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Are you going to buy an F350 to tow your Marauder to the track?
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

No way. no trailer queens here!! It would be for towing the 3-4 car gooseneck trailer for the business. And to plow!!
                                And then the 5th wheel camper, and race trailer.

Anyways, newer green power steering box.

And i took the "Tank of Justice II" lettering off the trunk. I washed it today and some of the letters tore. So, it can wait til i either get another set of lettering for the trunk, or til i get my custom license plates in October.
                                I also took the "Turbo" badge off. Now I'm down 5 hp.
                                Since Ford is killing Mercury, I find it fitting to put my Mercury lettering back o nhe trunk lid. And in Grabber Green. As well with the "Grand Marquis GS" It will match.

This summer also calls for a repainting of the trunk lid reflector. It is starting to crack. Needs more black paint. As well as the trim for the tail lights. I'll take the NiteShades off and put a new coat on.(Now that I know how to do it well)
                                New paint is also called for on the grill and the front trim. It's starting to look like ass.

And now, teh pics.

Before: Notice how shinny the trunk lid reflector is. And then look at how much it's faded. The pics with the Red stripe is from July 07. The Green stripe pic below it is from March 10

During-ish:

03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
                                X