No announcement yet.

1982 Ford LTD-S 351W Police Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its not broken, its ment to fit around a steering piece...at least thats what he told me, I'm not going to get a custom exhaust untill i do a full restore. The intake is an edelbrock 351 performer, the kind that supports the emmisions stuff.

I have to drill the holes-or have them drilled larger so i can bolt them on...a shop gave me the price of 125 and a week to do it...I'm not going to pay that, If I cant use a drill press and carefully align them then i will most likely end up selling the heads...
    Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 04-23-2009, 01:32 PM.
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

$125? Is that really a typical price to drill 20 7/16" bolt holes out to 1/2"? That's about $6.25 per hole .... I don't think I paid much more than that per hole for boring and honing - I want to say $8 for boring and $6 for honing.

Of course, if that $125 includes cleaning and a valvejob (even for one head), then that's a wonderful price!
      Last edited by 1987cp; 04-23-2009, 02:01 PM.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I could only reach one place that said they could do a good job...and the 125 is only to drill out the holes I think if i was careful I could do it on a press...but I dont want to mess up the heads, theyre coming up beautifully! So I'll see...
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

Good luck finding a better price!

Comment

So, I learned a valuable lesson today...dont assume, measure things! I know these heads were off a 97 explorer with a 302...but the holes in it ARE 1/2 inch...i took two different rulers and measure then took a 1/2" drill bit and stuck it through them! So im glad
            -Phil

sigpic

Comment

yay
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                So, I learned a valuable lesson today...dont assume, measure things! I know these heads were off a 97 explorer with a 302...but the holes in it ARE 1/2 inch...i took two different rulers and measure then took a 1/2" drill bit and stuck it through them! So im glad
                I always heard Exlploder GT-40's were 1/2 even on a 302, so thanks for confirming that. Should run good with those heads and intake. I'd trade the headers for some shorties to make installation easier. Otherwise me thinks you will be cutting them up to make the mid-lengths fit.
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

no problem glad i could comfirm For now I'm leaving the stock intake on until i find a better deal.... Yeah As far as the exhaust goes, except for the aftermarket mufflers and pipes im going to leave them stock for now due to financial purposes. But based on my research i should make over 40 more HP from the stock 140...lol, probobly more around 50 id say, with 20-30 ft/lb's of torque, definitly a noticeable increase. and from there all the other mods I make will have a much better affect...
                  -Phil

sigpic

Comment

WOW! How did you ever think to try that? I just stuck a 351 head bolt into a hole on one of my F3ZE cores, and as you already know, it fit fine. What a useful piece of info!

Comment

Well I havn't updated this in a while soo.... I had a few problems about a month ago..turned out to be bad gas in the carb, fixed that, then immediatly after driving it around the block once the car wouldn't start, ended up being a bad pickup coil in the dizzy.

Besides that not much has changed, still runs and drives great. However...

I've begun collecting NOS parts...because in a year i will begin body work and then have it painted... My NOS mirrors came today (thanks for the find Dave! and letting me know about it John!) so heres some eye candy, i jizzed in my pants when i saw them :jawdrop:

Attached Files
                      -Phil

sigpic

Comment

wow i guess i should add i sold those heads...until the motor goes I'll probably keep it stock.
                        -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Hooray for nice mirrors.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            Hooray for nice mirrors.
                            Yeah! kinda copying you in a way because next on the list is door handles...haha.
                            -Phil

sigpic

Comment

those are some nice mirrors.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                              Big plans

Comment

Damn those are nice!!!!! You guys are going to single handedly ruin the Panther market with your box CVs.

Packman

Comment

Working...
                                X