No announcement yet.

1982 Ford LTD-S 351W Police Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^THIS!^^ i really dont know anyone that uses their garage for the intended purpose of sheltering their vehicle(s). like WTF? new house, new car but, the new car sits outside and all the shit from the old house is stuffed into the nice 2 car garage so much, that the door dont open. id kill to have a shop. that way i could work/store my summer cars and beable to keep my winter car inside. i hate cleaning snow and ice off the car.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I use my garage... the Mark is in it... and since I put the push bumper on the MGM, the vic is in the garage (much to my wife's delight) since we're getting into the colder days of the year.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Why didn't you back it in?

Comment

Random thought: Seem someone was saying a while back that even when stored inside, vehicles are susceptible to rust on the underside from condensation. Can't remember what was recommended to do about it, think it was something in the way of just putting some sort of clean absorbent material under it, but it's been a while.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

thanks guys! i'm really excited about it...

The car cover was made for outdoor use and SAID it was water proof...yet in heavy storms the water would seep right through =/. so now it is a dust cover...

I didn't feel like backing it in lol, either way it doesn't matter.

And thats possible...this concrete floor is from the 20's and is probably 6-8 inches thick... pretty hardcore stuff...plus the previous car that was in there for 30 some years faired extremely well all around so i am hopeing my car will follow the trend as well...

There are just a few nooks and crannies to seal up that wont take much effort at all to make it perfect. Not to mention its not 100% cleaned out yet.
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

also does that second picture make anyone else....RIDGID??? haha
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

Yes, it would appear that someone has packaging from a Ridgid brand tool sitting around. Myself, I can't afford Ridgid. :p

I'd never noticed that you also have the fully-smooth rear bumper like what was on my '81 when I got it. Seems to be pretty uncommon.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                  Yes, it would appear that someone has packaging from a Ridgid brand tool sitting around. Myself, I can't afford Ridgid. :p

I'd never noticed that you also have the fully-smooth rear bumper like what was on my '81 when I got it. Seems to be pretty uncommon.
                  it's a curse and a blessing...ive been looking for a good smooth front for 3 years now...rear is so so, but could be salvaged.
                  -Phil

sigpic

Comment

I'll trade you my rear bumper with a strip for your rear bumper.

My car has a mint stripless front bumper.
                    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

nah i love my rear strip less bumper...thanks though. but if you want to sell your front one let me know a price....definitely would help with the restoration!
                      -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Wish I could store mine...but both my cars need to be used daily...

I guess it could be enough reason to get a third...

sigpic
                        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                          I'll trade you my rear bumper with a strip for your rear bumper.

My car has a mint stripless front bumper.
                          As in, no bumper blocks either? I hadn't remembered that ....

Comment

My dad had one he picked up from ford over 20 years ago through work. It was put into my grandparents shed. He put a coat of wax on it but over 20 years in a shed was enough to pit it to death. It was brand new. We cut it up this past summer and sent it to the trash. I was sad.

They are very nice bumpers though.

Phil Maybe you can get a buffing wheel and a buffer and come bars of compound and really have at it at your bumpers. Something I wish I tried before installing the bumpers back on my car.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                              Random thought: Seem someone was saying a while back that even when stored inside, vehicles are susceptible to rust on the underside from condensation. Can't remember what was recommended to do about it, think it was something in the way of just putting some sort of clean absorbent material under it, but it's been a while.
                              If it's on concrete, it is a porous surface and will allow moisture through. Either epoxy coat (seal) the floor, or put some kind of vapor barrier down.

Comment

Aaah. That's what I was trying to remember.

Comment

Working...
                                X