1982 Ford LTD-S 351W Police Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
    If it's on concrete, it is a porous surface and will allow moisture through. Either epoxy coat (seal) the floor, or put some kind of vapor barrier down.
    I'll see what i can do (As it's not my garage i'm renting it) but theres a strong chance if i pay for it i can do it.

Dave. the top of my bumper is pitted and rusted....so no buffing will help with that
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

putting down a tarp and carpet over the tarp would be just fine for the floor.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

how about just tarp? we have tons of those.
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

sure, if you got tonns, put more than one down. thats what i do lol

Comment

okay i'll give it a try. I really can't picture after 80 some years much moisture being under the garage to seep through the concrete though... the other car that was in there stayed nice for 30 some years underneath.
            -Phil

sigpic

Comment

You needn't be very concerned about moisture from the concrete.

The effects would be very minimal.
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                You needn't be very concerned about moisture from the concrete.

The effects would be very minimal.
                Thanks Nate...that was my belief as well. I'm just glad it is out of the elements. It will be driven at least once a week anyway. so its not really "stored"
                -Phil

sigpic

Comment

I stashed mine for winetr permanently. I stopped to check on it tnoight, and it had been moved (storing it in a friend's shop).

He said it has started right up the two times he'd moved it.

But I suspect by March/ April the battery will be dead, and all that good stuff. Doesn't bother me though, because the battery is garbage anyway.
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

better than the startup record of my car :P

But good luck with that white beauty! I hope you bring it to the next scottfest.
                    -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                      As in, no bumper blocks either? I hadn't remembered that ....
                      ... and this is why; it has blocks.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've seen a blockless front bumper, other than Murph's where he just left the blocks off but there are still holes there. Unless you count my soldered-and-painted hackjob on my old '79 bumper.

Brown Muscle's is only the second truly blockless rear bumper I've noticed .....
                      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

okay well UPDATE

I'm in the works of restoring the interior.... Here's some pictures as an example

Original color to new color....pretty much the same
                        Keep in mind the old color was badly faded anyway...

And the original color of the B pillar i used was maroon....

I plan on doing the dash pad i found (which is perfect)
                        The A-pillars, b-pillars, back plastic parts of the seats, and just about any other part worn down by the sun and time...should look great by the time i'm done.

Oh I'm using SEM color coat. Hopefully it will hold up well!
                        Attached Files
                        -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Also figured I'd share what i have so far gathered for the exterior in parts

NOS side mirrors,
                          NOS front corner lenses
                          NOS LTD emblems
                          Like new reverse lenses (mine are actually white from the sun...)
                          and an assortment of random parts...

Pictures aren't the best i know...but in real life the parts look BRAND NEW!

I still need door handles, headlight bezels, a grille, and bumper(s)
                          but so far i am pleased with my collection and the deals i go on them

Attached Files
                          -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Phil the new panels look great man! I hope it all goes easy for ya. It will look damn nice when the interior is done.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks! As you can see that old B pillar is death itself....darn sun and age...most panels in my vehicle were like that, even the texture had rubbed off so its actually kinda smooth (i had originally sanded them because they were falling apart getting plastic dust everywhere)

for whatever reason mines the worst ive ever seen (even compared to junkyard cars) That MD sun is brutal i guess.
                              -Phil

sigpic

Comment

kitty FTW! lol your LTD will look good with all the new shiny parts and fresh interior. good work!

Comment

Working...
                                X