1982 Ford LTD-S 351W Police Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Such a cool car, so simple. I love it.

i say keep it how it is. its a peice of history.
    +1

Comment

It is really good to have younger people that appreciate and fix up these cars. I can see older people liking them ( like me) who remember them when they were new. Maybe ordered one new from the factory. Welcome. Good job on the dash work ! Do you find that your car is a chick magnet ?

Comment

Nice!!! Definitely keep the police theme for that car. If you want a muscle CV, find a 4-door and mess with that. Or keep the look on your car and beef up the 351W that you got (or get another and drop that in).

Packman

Comment

thanks guys! I plan on sticking with the police car theme, trying to keep it as original as i can. As long as the stock original 351 and AOD are functioning correctly they will stay with the car....however if either of them fail from some sort of damage (such as a bad rod knock or the tranny starts slipping really bad) they will be replaced with high performance replacements.

As far as the car being a chick magnet....not really, but a lot of girls do find the car interesting, and don't really know what to make of it. Most guys i meet think it's pretty bad-ass. I imagine if a chick owned it, it would make a pretty good guy-magnet Lol.
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

well, she failed emissions barely for high idle CO. reading was 1.45 and standard 1.20....everything else was good...looks like i'll be taking it to a private shop. or...getting a high flow dual exhaust (haha)
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

is she still variable venturi? Might be an o2 issue. Mine has always smelled a bit funky at idle though. Never had it e-tested but I have a feeling it'd have a similar result.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

yup VV. Hydrocarbons are fine though...seems to be burning cleanly (as cleanly as it can) Just the CO being high makes me think the cat's are to blame, on their way out at least....Either way it will soon not matter as i am going to go get historic tags for it tomorrow! (no inspections needed then!)
                -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Just pour in a bottle of Cataclean at 1/4 tank and run it nearly empty... should fix you up dandy.
                  1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

UPDATE.

I did not get the historic tags. I have ordered/am making up a custom exhaust (thanks to the help of several GMN members!) (thread can be found here http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...aust-questions)

Today i put the car on jack stands, removed the h-pipe (broke into 4 pieces, was completely rotted...) and driver side exhaust manifold and cat. Going to do more tomorrow as i wait for the parts to arrive. Went far more smoothly than i anticipated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01848.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	1268199Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01851.jpg
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	1268200
                    Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 12-09-2011, 10:07 PM.
                    -Phil

sigpic

Comment

nice! you got it out in fewer pieces than I did lol.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

Comment

lol, yeah i tried separating the cat down tubes and manifold and was like, well i can just slip it downwards under the car! I'm hoping i can do the same with the passenger side, one less step haha
                        -Phil

sigpic

Comment

I hacked off the piping to the manifolds pretty close to the manifolds, and then they more or less just dropped out once the last bolts came out. It landed on the o2 sensor, which is what sealed the dealed on replacing it.

Comment

Update.

Got the headers on. So purdy, and ordered the rest of the hardware today. i felt ambitious so i took off some parts and painted them! 3 coats of engine enamel primer, paint, and clear. Feast your eyes! i'll have installed pix later.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01875.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	1268229Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01880.jpg
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	1268230Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01882.jpg
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1268231Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01890.jpg
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	1268232Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01897.jpg
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	1268233Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01901.jpg
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	1268234Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01902.jpg
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	1268235
                            -Phil

sigpic

Comment

i thought i was looking at my engine compartment at first but, my engine is darker blue lol. looks good and trees are great for hanging parts lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Looking nice. Did you end up getting chrome manifolds or ceramic coated?
                                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                                X