Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now to get rid of those silly drum brakes and you're golden
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Nice Phil!
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I knew someone would say something about the drums :P

Thanks!

Here are the promised pictures, not too exciting lol. The first one shows the burnout marks...they are tiny I know lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1896.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	1274517Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2025.jpg
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	1274518Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2035.jpg
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	1274519Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2047.jpg
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	1274520Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2049.jpg
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	1274521Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2051.jpg
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	1274522
        Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 06-15-2014, 08:29 PM.
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Fills in the quarters nicely now Phil. Nice job.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That last picture makes your car look like new. Good job.

Comment

Sweet! Nice work

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

'79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

looks sweet! The time taken on the appearance of the diff really paid off.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Thanks guys! Amazing what the right angle with a camera can do, it's in need of new paint!

The diff looks pretty good but it got a little scraped up going in, so i'll have to take the time to put some touch up paint on it. Hopefully it will be a little better at keeping up with the other panthers at scottfest this year! I remember following Dave and someone else...we got to a highway and i could not keep up at all until they slowed down lol.
                    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

Usually no fear of keeping up with me. I drive like an old man most of the time, except that one time I followed Tom back down the mountain and had the car sideways around most of the corners. That was kind of fun.
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        Usually no fear of keeping up with me. I drive like an old man most of the time, except that one time I followed Tom back down the mountain and had the car sideways around most of the corners. That was kind of fun.
                        Pretty much how I have been driving for years now. Less stressful that way.

Enough thread-jacking. Really nice work. Now you're gonna have a hard time convincing people that your car isn't fast. Also, as you know, you're sliding downa very slippery slope. You'll be swapping in that 427W in the not-so-distant future.

I had a hard time getting the rear out of my CV. I couldn't get the car high enough for the breaker bar and electric impact. In retrospect, I shoulda sold the 11" drums and got a rear or the backing plates for the disc conversion. And as I found out; when fully loaded, the rear was far too heavy for me to carry out of the basement. I'm beginning to see the appeal of steroids. LOL

Packman

Comment

That's good to know I won't lose everyone Thain, lol

I know it's a slippery slope...I keep thinking "Man if i had a better valve body my shifts wouldn't suck so bad...and then I could upgrade the engine for more power" (it really sucks when i have it at WOT and from 3K-4K it makes a lot of noise and doesn't go anywhere, then it has a shift flare and goes into the next gear lol)

I had a lot of help from John getting the rear from the junkyard, and then help from another buddy of mine positioning everything in place, although steroid supplemented muscles did seem like a nice alternative at times!
                          -Phil

sigpic

Comment

86VickyLX gave me his old upgraded 86 valve body, and I have a Baumann shift kit coming.

Took my first real drive with the new rear in. I'd say 30% city and 70% highway at an average of 65MPH on the highway. Normally under these conditions i might get 15-16MPG. I got 18MPG this fillup!

I'm fairly excited to see if this trend continues, as it should. I'm running 3-400 RPM higher than my old rear, but much closer to my peak torque. If i can get 19-20MPG strictly highway with this new rear, and 12-13 city, I will be very happy!
                            -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Flowmaster something 40 something exhaust...

Bet the cat sounds bitchin'. I wanna check her out in person.
                              1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

The stock gearing is pretty terrible. I dont know what the hell they were thinking. It doesn't seem to be useful for economy or performance. I guess you might claim that you can hit higher top speed since the engine won't rev out before it gets there, but with the lack of power and amazing aerodynamics I suspect that the engine RPM wouldn't be what ends up being the limiting factor for extreme high speed action.

Comment

Working...
                                X