No announcement yet.

1982 Ford LTD-S 351W Police Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean it is tempting- it really depends on the condition and price- I'll shoot you a PM Packman
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Replied to PM. :-D

Comment

Well the day is finally here- dropped the car off to the paint shop yesterday (St. Patrick’s day). Should be in there about two months getting every panel straight, sanded, and rust free. Although at this point any remaining rust is just on the surface.

it’s going to be painted a BMW color: Sparkling Brown Metallic. It’s similar to the original brown but darker, and pearl, so it will turn black as you’re walking around it. Pretty excited!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	4FECE2E7-25DC-4FDC-A3E5-546F8273A917.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	1387048 Click image for larger version

Name:	7FFAB7E8-96A9-4B03-BB1C-B9FDB584F583.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	1387047
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

That's fuckin' amazing! Congratulations on hitting this milestone with the '82. With your prep work, you've saved some money and time on a big job. Thank you for staying the course, and pushing the envelope where you felt comfortable doing so. I'm particularly impressed how you made the jump from carb 351 to pretty modern EFI 351, without having giant packaging and tuning hurdles. Definitely a route I should strongly consider going down with the '79 LTD-S when its time comes.
          '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
          '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
          '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Great to see it is in a paint shop. Color choice is nice. Two months is a long time. They could have it done in a week maybe two, working straight. Keep following up on it. Body shops are experts at putting people off.
            In Maine, my Lincoln was outside for nine weeks until it got into the shop. I followed up every week. One excuse after another. Shitty job and still not right.
            My rule in CA was if it is not in the shop being worked on in two weeks, I take it out. There was plenty of competition in that area.
            Wish you the best.

Comment

Thanks Hearses, it's exciting! Yeah I've learned a good amount with the EFI, so it's certainly a possibility

Tom- It is a decent amount of time, and i'm definitely leery of body/paint shops. Thankfully I've known this guy for about a decade. He has a smallish shop with only 2 other part time employees, and a bunch of other projects, so it doesn't seem that bad as he wont be working on it 100% of the time. I'll be going back to help with final assembly and alignment to make sure everything is perfect.

Here's some examples of the color, it's hard to capture on camera, but these do an ok job

Name:	IMG_0935.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	374.2 KB
ID:	1387076

Name:	UQeB29t.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	309.5 KB
ID:	1387075

Name:	IMG_1891.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	1387074

-Phil

sigpic

Comment

That BMW brown is gonna look awesome on there.
                '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Yes it will look great. Attention getter. Glad you know the shop and will have hands on with.the project.

Comment

Thats not the same color 87gtVIC painted his car is it?
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

No, his is a lighter brown "Hot Chocolate", also a BMW/Mini color
                      -Phil

sigpic

Comment

That's going to be really sharp.
                        All FORD All The Time

Comment

A bit of a teaser pic, she's almost done! I'll get a better picture of it in the light when I go up for final assembly, the color is a lot nicer in person. The booth lights don't make all the colors pop.

-Phil

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                            A bit of a teaser pic, she's almost done! I'll get a better picture of it in the light when I go up for final assembly, the color is a lot nicer in person. The booth lights don't make all the colors pop.

Looks like the Dark Clove Metallic from the 80's Grand Marquis and CV's!
                            What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                            What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Oh wow, really pretty. Hope they do what they can with that header panel gap.
                              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Paint is gonna look awesome. Don’t rush anything phil. Take your time. That’s one thing I wish I did when I assembled mine was wait a bit more before bolting on hard parts and trim.

So cool!
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X