No announcement yet.

Pesty's Crown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I had it rebuilt and installed it last friday. And well it sucked! Third gear was grinding and howling all sorts of shitty. So I called Orangemen to tell them what was going on with it. Before I was even though telling them what was wrong they told me they would send a truck out, pull the tranny, fix it and install it for free. So I'm pissed that it didn't work in the first place but the costumer service has been out standing. I should be getting it back Monday hopefully with a good tranny.
    1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
    2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
    sigpic

Comment

At least they stood by the tranny.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Are you rebuilding it back to stock specs?

Comment

Hes building it to the"z" specs and taking a really long time doing it. I'm starting to get agitated.
          1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
          2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
          sigpic

Comment

I love your car...I think it's the same color as mine.
            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Ah... if/when I end up blowing mine I'll probably rebuild it to the Z spec. That's the reason I'm gonna do it myself though - I can rely on myself better than anyone else, and it costs me less.

Comment

If you got a tremec you wouldn't have to worry about rebuilds. Just sayin'.
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                  If you got a tremec you wouldn't have to worry about rebuilds. Just sayin'.
                  Yeah, instead we'd have to worry about unreliable, clunky shifting. If I'm going to spend a shitload on a transmission I'll go and get a D&D Performance T56.

Comment

Got it back today and its just fine now. Hopefully it last!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
                      Yeah, instead we'd have to worry about unreliable, clunky shifting. If I'm going to spend a shitload on a transmission I'll go and get a D&D Performance T56.
                      Every Tremec i've used shifted great. What are you talking about? They even come with the billet shifter from the factory!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                        Every Tremec i've used shifted great. What are you talking about? They even come with the billet shifter from the factory!
                        *shrug* just my personal preference. I see too many threads like this at the corral. For a truck with a good long shifter I don't mind a notchy transmission - it's a truck, it's supposed to be tough and rugged, not smooth and cushy. However, when it comes to a street-driven car I want shifting to be like butter. I'll take a built T5 or a good T56 over any TKOs/etc. Like I said, if I was gonna be in the market for a tough, performance tranny I'd spend the extra money and get a T56 for the added benefit of a 6th gear.

I drive an '85 F-series as a daily car at the moment with a worn out 5-speed that I found filled with water before I put it in the truck. The transmission it replaced was a 3spd+OD that had no synchros left in the 1-2 shift and the 2-3 was almost done. I mastered double-clutching with that transmission. This one has better synchros but still takes a little bit of muscle to shift. I don't mind because it's an old truck - however I personally wouldn't stand for a brand new car transmission feeling like that.
                        Last edited by CheeseSteakJim; 07-03-2009, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pesty351 View Post
                          Got it back today and its just fine now. Hopefully it last!
                          Great to hear. Is there a break in period for it?
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I installed a elec fan on it this weekend came off a taurus like every other car on here. I used a two speed switch and just manually switch it on I haven't had to use the high speed yet and in was fairly hot out to today and was sitting in traffic. Wahoo!
                            sigpic

Comment

Sweet!

How's the new trans?

Comment

Its doin' great. At this point I just need to find the right rear end I want. Then I can do that and the suspension at the same time.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X