Pesty's Crown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
    *shrug* just my personal preference. I see too many threads like this at the corral.
    Hmm. I never knew that side of those transmissions.

I've never driven a T5 car (but may buy one soon enough ), or a TKO car. But, I have driven a T56 car, and thought it ok. I didn't rip it up too much, as I didn't want to tear it up on the owner. It was "normal" to me.

I wouldn't want something any notchier than my truck's transmission for a regular driver. It was smooth with the stock shifter, but the one I have on it now requires effort. I really had to man handle it when it was new. My mom tried to drive it, and she struggled with it alot. It was kind of funny...

For a daily driver/ primary street car, a smooth transmission is important to me. But, for a weekend cruiser/ bruiser, I like the notchiness.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

The B&M short throw shifter in my Mustang is tough to shift, not a smooth glide into gear like my Sierra or friend's A4 at all. I'd like to put a shirt Hurst t-handle shifter on it but I don't know if i'd be able to shift with anything shorter, it's tough enough with the stock shifter.
      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I don't like notchy transmissions. Having to fight things into gear makes me think clutch or synchro problems, even if it was designed to shift that way. If I can't shift it smoothly without using the clutch, you can keep it.
        Last edited by gadget73; 07-28-2009, 09:43 PM.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I still can't find a good rear end in the yard. Everything is 3.08's or 2.73's were the taller gears really that rare. I must have check 30 cars.
          1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
          2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
          sigpic

Comment

Sounds like Jersey. I found one car with a code 5 rear, but I want the code E rear. I found a TC limo, but it's a buy "as is" deal and I have no room for it. Perhaps another member on this site can help out.

Packman

Comment

I had the good fortune to find a K-code rear end in a '90 TC (disc brakes) the yard a couple months ago... however, it was also the only Panther in the yard with a blown rear differential.

Comment

Well shes be doing me good drove her back and fourth to work everyday for the past couple months with out on hiccup.

But as of tomorrow I won't be able to drive her for awhile. Because I'm dropping it off at THE PAINT SHOP!!!!!!!!!!
                1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                sigpic

Comment

really?!?! The paint always looked great.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

It looks great in pictures not so much in real life.
                    sigpic

Comment

Getting anything special during the respray?
                      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Went and saw it yesterday. He was busy wet sanding it but the spots not covered it sanding goo looked good. He ended up spray 4 coats of clear on it so it should last me quite awhile. I was told that it would be ready for pick up friday. Lots of pictures to come.
                        sigpic

Comment

Pictures of new paint job. So shiny.

Attached Files
                          sigpic

Comment

Gorgeous man I hope that my car can look as good as that someday. Whats the paint code painted after? 8Y by any chance?
                            ~David~

Comment

WOW....Super Sexy..LOL

Comment

Nice, very nice!!! POTM material all the way............to bad ya already won though:p.

Packman

Comment

Working...
                                X