Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaze's 86 SVT Vic (NEW HEADERS! - Updated: 10/10/06)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well after some long ass time I have finaly installed my ceramic coated headers. Took some tweeking to get them on, but before I put them on I did a final gasket match porting job and actually made a big difference in the port size. At least double the stock mustang headers. On my way back home from my parents I did a little racing with, a newer (2000+) Town Car (funny but cool) on the interstate. Well at first I didn't notice much of a difference, but at 120mph you can, that's 5400rpm, and more left!! Hell yes they make a difference and you can really tell it in the upper speeds! Anyways, pics as follows.
    Attached Files

Comment

Yeah high RPM is where you'll notice a good header most, since flow isn't nearly as important at low speeds. The stockers are adequate for a stockish motor and standard AOD that shifts at 4800 rpm max since you never really get to the point where the motor wants to pump more air than the header can handle. Beyond that they start to suffer a bit. Besides, shiny = faster anyway. Wait till they start to turn blue, thats good for a couple horsepower.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
        Wait till they start to turn blue, thats good for a couple horsepower.
        They aren't chrome though, so they won't get any blueing because of heat. Ceramic coatings can handle the heat with no effect, provided it's a quality coating job (which I have my doubts on it). I have a feeling it may start flaking off eventualy. But we'll see.

Comment

Oh, well then you're gonna go slower. It has to be chrome and blue for any real horsepower gains. Thats why the stock ones suck. They're black. Can't go fast with black engine parts. You might be able to fix them with chrome spray paint though.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

lol

Comment

Gadget, LMAO...
              Resident diesel addict

Comment

Working...
              X