My 1990 LTD Crown Victoria :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
    The rear-view mirror fell off last month a few days before I left for vacation. I went over to Speedy auto glass and they glued it back on for $10.

Comment

Body: Rust repair & repaint for the deck lid and quarter panels.

Exhaust: Dual system.
      I'm still planning to get some bodywork done this Fall but the dual exhaust up-grade isn't in the cards now.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Passed inspection no problem! Also got an oil-change. Time for storage.
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I'm still planning to get some bodywork done this Fall.
          Not gonna happen...CV is in storage now.
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Got the transmission flushed and the brass tv bushing installed today. Going to make an appt in the near future to get the deck lid painted.
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Brass bushings FTW!
              Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
              Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Mom will be driving my CV for the next couple of weeks. She's car shopping now. Ideally, she would like another Toyota but is open to other brands. She doesn't want to buy a Panther though. I've tried to show her the light
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Got my CV back!

Mom's car search is over. She bought an '06 Camry that's been undercoated annually. I wish her the best of luck with it. I lent her my CV, so that she could take her time and find a car that wasn't crap.
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

2015 wish list

Tires: They still have plenty of tread but are showing their age. Will wait until next year since it's almost time for storage...

Body: Fix quarter panels and have deck lid painted. Done!!Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1898.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	1278472Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1899.jpg
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	1278473Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1900.jpg
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	1278474Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1901.jpg
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	1278475Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1902.jpg
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	1278476
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Ooooh. I didn't know you ditched the wheel well trim on your '90. Absolutely love that lower profile look on the boxes- especially slicktopped boxes without that stainless steel lower bodyside trim! They should've come like that from the factory. I went along that road and deleted that aforementioned trim, plus some other moldings with my '89 Grand Marquis.... was the single best visual mod I ever did for her. Was pretty practical too, between the 10+ pounds of dead weight gone and the elimination of all those water traps.
                        Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 11-17-2015, 06:46 PM. Reason: Added some context.
                        '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                        '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                        '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Originally posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post
                          Ooooh. I didn't know you ditched the wheel well trim on your '90.
                          I still have the trim. Saving just in case someone on GMN needs it. It won't be going back on my car.
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I also love trim delete.
                            Attached Files
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

The undercoating was done a couple of weeks ago. Now in storage.
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

1st up-date of 2016

Bought a set of P215/70R15 tires (Motomaster SE3) which will be installed tomorrow. Oil-change will be done as well. Going to put the other set of wheel covers on instead of the blue ones.
                                '79 Continental Town Car
                                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                                X