Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plug wire burned on the manifold?
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

What do ya know, something simple again. Plug wires had gotten toasty on #5 and #6, the closest ones when using 90TC manifolds. Didn't melt all the way through the boot but they got kinda gooey. And that was with those 1200* little plug wire boots on. I put those two wires on backwards so the 90* angle is at the plug (don't know if there is anything wrong with doing that other than it looks goofy). That got it a lot farther from the manifold and no problems so far. Been driving it the last several days and all seems well. it seems (fingers crossed) this project is finally behind me

Thanks for all your help mangs. Every little problem was something little and stupid but i guess thats better than something major.

Heres a pic of the worst wire boot.
      Attached Files

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
      1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
      1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

I'll still give you $50 for it.... Seriously though, this sounds excellent.

Comment

For a while I was almost annoyed enough with it to take $50, but I'm quite satisfied with it now. Took it to the tire shop today to have the front two tires looked at, both had a pretty bad leak. Only getting a couple days out of them. Screw in one tire, nail in the other. Need to put the underside of the dash back together and install a tripminder somewhere now.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
          1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)

Comment

Found a pushbar about the size i wanted to toss on the wagon, only 8 bucks. Will need some modification to fit right and i might add some extensions over the headlights like yucatec has. It'll add to whatever theme i've got going on with this car. 100 miles on the motor now and everything is lookin great. I've moved back to the marquis now where my attention should be.
            Attached Files

Comment

That is a big eagle.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

nicely done. i will be referring to this thread and your gm thread when doing my explorer swap.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Working...
                X