My 85 Merc 2-Door Slicktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Nice gain for sure. I also placed the scans in for easy viewing.
    Thanks mang !!! How did you do that though, I couldnt figure it out.

------

But heres the Dynojet dyno results.

HP: 184.3
    Torque: 256.2

They told me that it is running very rich, and that I should down-jet the carb. about 3 sizes. They said I would gain around 20-25 HP just from that, but thats what they say, im not sure if its true.

I might go back sometime after I get the carb all jetted to where it should be, maybe even by an hour and try and tune it perfectly.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
    ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

another over carbed small block lol just a little more fine tuning, you will be golden. also, that merc is one of my fave cars!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

yep, just have to find out now what colin (Mr.landyacht) has done to the carb if anything and go from there.

it's a 600 cfm and my 600 cfm holley never fan this rich.
        ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
        ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Originally posted by Bowman85merc View Post
          Thanks mang !!! How did you do that though, I couldnt figure it out.

It is a secret.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Updates !!!

Man, I havent seen this thread in a while lol.

But anyways, since it has been raining here almost every day, non stop for about the past few weeks.
            I decided Im finally tired of not being able to crack my window open, so, I finally opened my nice stainless ventshades, and put them on.

They went on great!!! I used the clips that came with the package, because I wasnt about to rivet them onto my doors. And they are decently sturdy.

But I noticed my window channel molding is starting to get very brittle, so I think Im going to order some new very soon, and maybe the dew drip molding too...

Enjoy the very few pics lol.

Thanks.

Comment

That is awesome to know. I look forward to installing mine now especially considering they gave you no trouble. They look good
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I like those seats.
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

*Blows dust off of thread*

Man, took me a while to find this thread lol

------

Update!!!

Since its nice out, the Merc finallygot revived from its coma, and is going to be the DD again

So far I have:
                  -- Fixed the tranny cooler leak, was only a slight drip every so often, but I got tired of it making everything messy, so that's fixed.
                  -- Completely rewired the entire audio system, new wires running everywhere, heat shrunk just about every connection, tucked all the wires going to the subs, etc. Looks very nice.
                  -- Detailed the entire interior, started getting slightly musty from sitting all winter, but wasn't too bad.
                  -- Cleaned all of the windows with ZEP 40 window cleaner, amazing stuff, soon going to put Rain-X anti-fog stuff on the inside of the glass.
                  --Re-jetted the Carb. so it doesn't run too rich now, feels a lot more powerful, glad I got the Holley-jet-kit off of CL, worth every penny.
                  -- Finally put on my boxed PI Rear Lower control Arms tonight, sure look a lot nicer than the factory ones, that's for sure lol.

To do:
                  -- Oil/Filter change, going to be with Motorcraft 10w30 Synthetic Blend, and FL1A filter.
                  -- Pour in my Shell V-Power Fuel system cleaner stuff.
                  -- Do a complete outside detail, all with a Meguiars detail kit Ive had laying around for quit some time.
                  -- Detail the entire engine bay.
                  -- Order new Dew wipe, and window channel molding, tired of watching water just pour into my doors :/

That's about everything I can think of so far, but I'm probably forgetting something, oh well.

--------

Heres some pics of my Boxed PI Rear Lower Control Arms I installed, they're coated with POR-15.

Thanks for looking!!!

Comment

mmm diamond plate. Windows are going to be super tight with all of the new weatherstripping. May need to lube up the channels good or purchase some new motors so the window actually moves. I installed NOS weatherstripping on the drivers side of my car. With the addition of the ventshades (that you have as well) the new motors still couldn't get the window to fully go up for the first couple of weeks. Had to give her a hand for that last inch. But now after everything settled in it is all good. If you have any questions about what to order don't hesitate to ask.
                    ~David~

Comment

Updates!!!

---

Welp, got the window channel molding installed, and like others, my old stuff just crumbled in my hand when I pulled it out.
                      I was able to get the drivers side out in one peice though, and copied the factory angled cuts for the new stripping.
                      It all went in without a hitch, and seals perfectly.
                      Money well spent.

Now I just need to order the dew wipe molding.

---

I also got tired of having a big gaping hole where the E-brake should be on my center console, so I took a peice of 1/4 plastic and cut it to the shape of the hole, carpeted it, and put an auxillary plug in it.
                      Actually looks like it meant to be, methinks.

Pics:

My Dad also got bored, and made me a nice little gauge pod for the center console.
                      He first made a template out of carboard, then formed it out of fiberglass and carpeted it.
                      I think it also looks very nice and blends in just about perfectly.
                      Its nice to have all of my gauges in one spot, and mounted securely.
                      Pics:

Even my ashtray is able to open regularly, so Im very happy with he results:

Welp, thats about it with upgrades, but about 2 weeks ago I completely buffed and waxed the outside of the car, and was well worth it, even though it has literally rained atleast every other day here for the past 2 weeks.
                      Im also starting to make it a habit to wash it every Sunday.

Heres some pics of the car after I washed it yesterday:

Thats about it for now,
                      Thanks for lookin'.

Comment

Are those Mopar rims?
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I like the updates to the interior.
                          ~David~

Comment

looking sweet

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                              Are those Mopar rims?
                              Not anymore
                              I bought them off of a neighbor a long time ago, he had them on his 72-ish charger and was parting it out.
                              I love them, just theyre an extreme pain to clean.

---
                              And that reminds me of another kind of update.
                              I bought some POR-15 Glisten from Peice-it-Pete (very nice to deal with btw), so I can put it on the rims so it will be a cinch to clean them, and I wont have to go insane with always having brake dust, dirt, etc getting caught in the textured parts of the rims.

Pic:

And thanks guys!!!

Comment

Well, well, well, I suppose its time for an update on this thing.

But first, does anybody want to buy a tiny peice of Re-Bar???

Yup, you geussed it. Thats the oil pump rod that looks like a twizzler.

And you all know what that meeaaannnssssss!!!

First, I did this:

And then, I found this...

And This...

And This...

And This...

Yup, EVERY bearing is cooked.

Sad part is I wasnt even getting on it, just cruising at 70 mph right at about 2,000 RPM.
                                It started chugging just a little as I got to about the middle of this pretty big hill, so I look down... 0 psi Oil Pressure... Some foul language was shouted, shut it off as fast as possible, but it was too late...

(Insert Taps)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X