X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock replacement pumps all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
      Do not use a high volume oil pump with a stock capacity oil pan. Were you using a higher capacity pan?

You end up moving alot more oil throughout the rest of the engine, which means there is that much less in the pan when you really need it.
      Yup, stock pan, did not do enough research I suppose. Lesson learned.

------

But heress an update!!!

No engine, but I have decided to upgrade my suspension at this time, because im going to need better brakes/suspension with the engine Im gonna get (sooner or later)

The plan; Im going to Completely re-do the suspension.
      Energy Suspension bushings everywhere.
      SpeedwayMotors Lowering springs.
      Monroe severe Duty shocks (14mm shaft I beleive)
      Big Brake swap.
      Etc. etc.

---

I also got some new seats; what do ya think???

Look like garbage huh??? Yea, thats what I first thought, until I pulled up the seat cover

They are the exact color of my factory interior, so i cannot decide whether to put these in, or keep my black buckets :/
      But I still couldnt pass up the deal, whether I use them or not

------

I also got some new wheels for when I do the Big Brake swap

They were pretty pricey, but I still got them for a little less than half of what they are new, which they basically still are.
      The tires: They are all atleast 95% tread
      Back: Nitto NT555 315/35/17
      Front Nitto NT555 275/40/17

The rims are FR500's, and have absolutley NO curb rash, or even a scratch:
      Back: 17" x 10.5"
      Front: 17" x 9"

They guy had them on a '03 Cobra, he bought them a couple years ago, they have maybe a 2,000miles on them, and he went over seas, he came back and decided to switch up the look, and I got a deal.

The wheels:

They dont look bad, but personally, I dont like the rims, they've just been over done by the mustang crowd I think, but I couldnt pass them up for the price.

---

There should be some more updates tomorrow when I get done harvesting my parts for the Big Brake swap.
      ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
      ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Are those red seats from a Ford vehicle?
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Wow man awesome those seats are killer.. what are they out of?? and those rims aint as played out as Bullits Haha which I want for my car LOL

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
            Are those red seats from a Ford vehicle?
            Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
            Wow man awesome those seats are killer.. what are they out of?? and those rims aint as played out as Bullits Haha which I want for my car LOL
            Thanks!!!
            I actually pulled the seats out of a decently nice 80-86 F-250, im not sure if theyre original or not though.
            The only bad part about them are the arm-rests, since they didnt have covers on them, they're pretty faded, but im not complaining.
            ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
            ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

love hearing that your making progress. always loved your merc. the car should be a dream to drive after you do the suspension and engine.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Why are you worried about armrests..dont you have a center console?

Use the new seats. They look much more in place than the black ones.

Also the wheel s will look killer. I think you will have clearance issues up front though...I like them though especially the deep dish in the rear.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice!

I have those same seats in my Truck, scored a decent set myself awhile back from teh yard for only $20! They are pretty comfortable for truck seats.

Comment

I don't know if the rear wheels will work either. mrltd will have to chime in about that; he will be the one to know the limits. All in all that will be a killer MGM when you're done. I'm at the same stage with my CV. Waiting for the weather to break so I can install all of the suspension crap, including the rebuilt rear diff. Then it's engine time.

Packman

Comment

How did you manage to put grand marquis in the brake light?

I love the floor shifter.

Comment

Im just doing some digging around on exhaust options and I was wondering, are you still running glasspacks on this car? I want to go back to side exits on my car but, not many options for mufflers.

Comment

^^ Does Walker still offer one or two 180-degree mufflers in their catalog? The center-exit-with-180-degree-bends-followed-by-90-degree-bends arrangement was annoying, complicated, and damage-prone.

And OP, did those seats end up bolting up nicely at all?
                          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                            Im just doing some digging around on exhaust options and I was wondering, are you still running glasspacks on this car? I want to go back to side exits on my car but, not many options for mufflers.
                            Well, technically its not "running" anything as of yet, lol.
                            But yes, it still has the glasspacks on it, they are 18" Glasspacks from CarQuest, and 2-1/2" Mandrel bent 45* right after, and then the tips are basically like two mini glasspacks themselves, but I cant remember the brand, they're also from carQuest.

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                            And OP, did those seats end up bolting up nicely at all?
                            I havent got that far yet lol, they're still wrapped up on a pallet, waiting for that "some day."

Comment

bah... weekend... day off... evening... took me 30 minutes to take the passenger seat out of the vic AND fix the wiring issue AND put it back in. 4 bolts and disconnect the power wire from the seat (2 wire harness) and lift.

slacker!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowman85merc View Post
                                Well, technically its not "running" anything as of yet, lol.
                                But yes, it still has the glasspacks on it, they are 18" Glasspacks from CarQuest, and 2-1/2" Mandrel bent 45* right after, and then the tips are basically like two mini glasspacks themselves, but I cant remember the brand, they're also from carQuest.

I havent got that far yet lol, they're still wrapped up on a pallet, waiting for that "some day."
                                Do you have any idea on what your gonna use on your new set up? Are you keeping the side exits?

Comment

Working...
                                X