My 85 Merc 2-Door Slicktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bowman85merc View Post
    86vickie: no the console isn't functional yet, i,m waiting on the money for a shift kit since i have to go inside the tranny and flip the shifter linkage around, i figured i might as well do it all at the same time, just need money
    You could get a floor shift AOD from like a Thunderbird or a Mustang too. We all need money

Comment

thanks for the complements guys, it's took some work to get it to look like it does now, and we're still going to do more to it in the future. seems like everyday we're thinking of something new that we can do to it
      ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
      ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

awesome mang...simply awesome!

I'm totally diggin' the black fuel bowls!

hmmm....

that gives me an idea.
        sigpic
        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

you really can't tell it in the pic but we also actually painted the main body of the cab. the same color as the car
          ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
          ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

yea I noticed that too...looks great mang!

you've inspired me..I just might do something like this..
            sigpic
            1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

COOOOOL

That is one fine G-Marq man, I miss my 85

Comment

Yeah, it is a sexy merc!
                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Congrats on PoTM!
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

hey mang.....do you got the pics of the roof in progress? i saw em once and i cant find em now
                    oh and btw your car is pure sex

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Thats 1 nice Ford GMQ............
                      2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
                      85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
                      07 JCL 250 A Scooter
                      79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by cable-guys-p70-hpp View Post
                        Thats 1 nice Ford GMQ............
                        Too bad it isn't a Ford GMQ :speakenglish:
                        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

woops

oops sorry guys didnt even noticed anyone posted on here lol
                          lincolnmania heres the link to the thread i started on it if ya wanna look at it still, there isnt rly that many pics to go off of or anything, should have done a better write up.lol http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=22661

and thanks mangs.

and please don't insult my Marquis by calling it a Ford. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                            Too bad it isn't a Ford GMQ :speakenglish:
                            silly regis lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

that is one nice car i need to get my car some new wheels and sittin like that
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                                How wide are your wheels versus the ones you had before?
                                Just noticed that detail. Blaze's old turbines were 15x8.5 all the way around, and my fronts are also 15x8.5. If yours are very much similar to ours, they'll have the dimensions stamped on the inside of the rim, right by the back side of the spokes. I'm guessing 7" fronts and 8.5" rears ....
                                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                                X