89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
    1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
    1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
    2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

Comment

Congratulations on getting POTM!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

VERY NICE CAR! Well deserved! Congratulations!!!

Comment

How'd I miss your car for so long? It looks great! Those wheels look great on there and work really well with the color.

Any more thoughts of a turbo or two?
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Cars a beaut mang. Lookin forward to seeing her progress. Cheers.
            -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
            -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

congrats mang thanks again for your help with my tripminder without your thread I would of been screwed lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

damn that's so mint, and you don't have to hide the 'issuses' with fancy camera angles and black and white pics like me LOL
                Ont And Canada PPL The Cookhouse in Dwight

91 Grand Marq . . . . . . 88 ho wagon (project) . . . . . . 80' Lincoln Mark VI

Comment

Thanks guys!

I have been remodeling my garage and now that I'm done I'll be doing the following upgrades:

135A 3G Alt
                  3 Row HD Rad
                  Dual electric cooling fans
                  K code axle w/11" drums

Twin turbos are coming someday, I've got to do more research on the rest of the parts I'm going to use. So far I only have the gt40 intake w/ a lightning cover.

I still need:
                  347 CID shortblock (I would love to use the ford racing boss 302 block)
                  GT40 heads w/ roller rockers
                  custom "Powered by SVT" valve covers
                  throttle body
                  mass airflow sensor
                  cam
                  oil pump
                  water pump
                  Injectors w/larger fuel rail
                  larger fuel lines
                  high volume fuel pump
                  custom turbo headers & exhaust
                  turbos
                  intercooler
                  ECM/ECU that I can tune with a laptop
                  auto transmission to handle all the power

To keep with all the lightning parts I have been thinking about adding dual gas tanks with controls from a lightning/F150.

I wanted to add, I've been thinking about having the wood trim panels redone by someone like http://www.patterntek.com/ in a silver & dark blue wood burl pattern. ??????????

Last edited by 89mercury; 09-05-2008, 11:21 PM.

Comment

sorry to thread jack kinda but what did you use on the floor of your garage? That car looks so mint i don't think i would even want to modify it at all lol. But looks like you do good quality work, carpentry too haha. So I can't wait to see how this is going to come out.

Comment

Garage Floor is Quikrete Epoxy Garage Gloor Coating with the Premium Clear Epoxy Coating on top.

New PIC:camera:

Comment

i'd be afraid to get that garage greasy mang
                        love the car! may i suggest big brakes and rear discs?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

yea they would look good through the rims, as for color choice of caliper, i would only suggest the color of the car or something dark.

are you still planning to put those SVT stickers on it?

Comment

I put a 285/40R18 up front just for kicks. It's to big.

Comment

I was looking at some old pics and I ran across this one. I figured you guys would get a kick out of it. This PI had a lot of good parts.:crocktears:

Comment

I made a trip to the local junkyard and I didn't find any police cars or any tripminders. I did find a 3/4" rear sway bar from a 1988 crown vic, but it's going to be a PAIN to try and pull it. Anyway, I remember some time ago about the front and rear braces on a lincoln, I saw this car in the pic below and I thought the front would be easy to cut off.

Has anyone cut these braces off and welded them on a crown vic or grand marquis?

Last edited by 89mercury; 09-25-2008, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X