Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87DeuceVic View Post
    Did someone say oil pan??
    not really mang. Tis easy if you have tools to do it. Don't believe what people tell you, you can remove the oil pan while the engine is still in the car.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX
      Is that bitch noisy?
      no not really

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I like that style interior..very comfy.
        nice car
        sigpic
        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

i only got $23 and some change to my name right now or id get the new timing chain. i still need to get antifreeze too. im still out applying for jobs and fixing the car with what ever little money i can get selling stuff on craigslist. im lucky i got my friend that works for advance or id be paying full price for all of my parts.
          2018 F150 XLT 43k
          1970 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 44k
          1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

we also found out that the old power steering pump was completely shot. it was so bad that when my friend took the pulley off to put it on the new one the shaft or thing it sits on was so loose it would have just fallen off when i start driving the car.
            2018 F150 XLT 43k
            1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

The kid i paid to do the power steering pump and water pump keeps jerking me around about when hes gonna finish. should have finished it in 6 hours on the first day now its a week later and he hasn't done any thing in 3 days. hes starting to piss me off.
              2018 F150 XLT 43k
              1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Well i got the new power steering pump and water pump on today. I seem to have a extra gasket though the plate to block. so ill return it tomorrow. But now i have to wait till next weekend possibly to finish. it doesnt bother me i have to wait because im getting the 2 hoses that go to the top of the water pump for free.
                Attached Files
                2018 F150 XLT 43k
                1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

shit I can lend you a hand next weekend if you want mang I'll be in orchard park on sunday

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                  302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                  k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

That's a nice box. Your car has the same problems that my mom's CV had when we first got it. Did the water pump, then the power steering pump, and then the starter. Some dillhole used an impact or something on the front sump drain plug; it's been leaking since we got the car and recently started leaking profusely.

Packman

Comment

should be done sometime this week not sure. my friend needs to go to advance and order the hoses. i havent had a problem starting it yet i use the remote starter to start it after it sits for a while. always starts on the first try if not the second. friend says i need a passanger side tie rod car. will look much better after i eventually get a new paint job and roof, still only has surface rust.
                      2018 F150 XLT 43k
                      1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Originally posted by mikeroc283 View Post
                        should be done sometime this week not sure. my friend needs to go to advance and order the hoses. i havent had a problem starting it yet i use the remote starter to start it after it sits for a while. always starts on the first try if not the second. friend says i need a passanger side tie rod car. will look much better after i eventually get a new paint job and roof, still only has surface rust.
                        might want to replace the drivers side tie rod too.

Comment

I just got done putting the fan and primary belt on so everything is back on the car except the upper radiator hose because i need 2 clamps for it. im hoping today i can start it up and see if its leaking from the new pumps or if i have all my problems in the 2 pumps fixed. i am trying to find the power steering leak it seems asthough the steering gear box is still leaking from the pitman arm so ill need to find money to get the new seal.
                          2018 F150 XLT 43k
                          1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

My dad bought these rims for his plymouth back in the late 70's and he never got to use them. He gave them to me and i was wondering if they would work on my grand marquis. they are all chrome with baby moons 4 mcguard locking lugnuts and 18 chrome lugnuts. if they work ill switch them over when i get some new tires.
                            Attached Files
                            2018 F150 XLT 43k
                            1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Just came back from advance with a new SuperStat thermostat and a water outlet gasket. Earlier i forgot to mention the water pump is leaking after it was replaced just days ago. dripping every time i fill it past half way.
                              2018 F150 XLT 43k
                              1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Well i got the new power steering pump and water pump on today. I seem to have a extra gasket though the plate to block. so ill return it tomorrow. But now i have to wait till next weekend possibly to finish. it doesnt bother me i have to wait because im getting the 2 hoses that go to the top of the water pump for free.
                                you should have used 2 gaskets for the water pump. one that gets sandwiched between the pump itself and the plate. and another that goes on the back of the plate to the timing cover. i just did my dads not too long ago. no leaks so far!, also scott mentioned to use black rtv sealant on the gaskets. just a thin coating.

Nick

Comment

Working...
                                X