Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
    the bottom bolt is a pain in the ass
    if the ps line broke, try using a socket to get the fitting off....if that dont work, use vise grips and some heat...propane torch might be enough
    x1 on the bottom tstat housing bolt I bearly was able to get my hand in there lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Moonies!

Call me old school, but my favorite wheels are those baby moons on chrome wheels. I plan on putting a set on my '85 MGM! Now I love the stock look of my fake wire wheel hubcaps, but I want more chrome!

When you do put those on, if you do, post pics please! I've love to see what your '87 looks like with them on.

Comment

Ill be sure to post pics. and right now i cant do any work on the car cuz im sick but when i get better ill post some pics of what ive done.
        2018 F150 XLT 43k
        1970 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 44k
        1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Get well soon mang!!
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Im still a little sick but i think im gonna go out side tomorrow and remove the gearbox if i can. is there any special way to remove it from the steering shaft?
            2018 F150 XLT 43k
            1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

i figure getting the shadt put of it would be the hard part, put lliquid wrench on it first to try and loosen it up

Comment

is there any way i can pop the old gearbox right off the shaft? of course without breaking anything in the process. like turning the wheel till it falls off.
                2018 F150 XLT 43k
                1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Originally posted by Nick52284 View Post
                  you should have used 2 gaskets for the water pump. one that gets sandwiched between the pump itself and the plate. and another that goes on the back of the plate to the timing cover. i just did my dads not too long ago. no leaks so far!, also scott mentioned to use black rtv sealant on the gaskets. just a thin coating.

Nick
                  i only used one gasket for the water pump and mine never leaked at all
                  My old 87 Mercury Grand Marquis-RIP- http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3016650
                  Now Driving A
                  1999 Mercury Mountaineer with the 5.0 V8 its also AWD..... Atleast I'm keeping it in the Mercury family right?

Comment

I took the water pump off because of the leak and the gasket my friend used ultra blue on is completely shot to shit. so i have to go buy a whole new pump to plate gasket later. and i cant figure out how to get to the plate to block gasket.
                    2018 F150 XLT 43k
                    1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

there should be two bolts on the back of the pump to take the backing plate off

Comment

turns out he gasket that was shit was the plate to block. was a cheapy one. so i went out and bought a nice feldpro thin piece of crap one like it came with. at least now when i do it it will have been done right. instead of my friends crappy job using blue rtv im using ultra black. and i found out my timing cover has a bolt broken in it on the passenger side and a bolt hole broke so i must eventually replace it.
                        2018 F150 XLT 43k
                        1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Well i reinstalled the water pump last night at about 11. I used the ultra black like it was suppose to be done with in the first place. I havent been out to check for any leaks yet. im planning on going out to check later. ill start the car if no leaks show to keep the engine from locking up.
                          2018 F150 XLT 43k
                          1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Well it still leaks. Im thinking its the bottom rad hose because it never wants to go on right. Ill just try again in the morning
                            2018 F150 XLT 43k
                            1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

so what did you end up doing for the broken water pump bolt?

Comment

I left it in because it wasnt leaking on that side. If i had the $100 id go and get a new timing cover and a bolt.
                                2018 F150 XLT 43k
                                1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Working...
                                X