My 1979 Lincoln Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking better

I picked up the 2nd lens today from the Purolator office. UPS tried to deliver a couple of times but it was during the day while I was at work... One of the screws holding the old lens was rusted into place, so I snapped it off after frigging with it for way too long! The replacement lens is held in place with one screw but should hold. I don't want to use super-glue because it will have to be removed again in the future.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

more vandalism

Car was parked outside my apt building this time. Some idiot thought it would be a good idea to bend the antenna. Thankfully it was most of the way down...I'm not impressed. It would be nice to catch someone in the act and teach them a lesson.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

bought some paint

I went to NAPA today and got some "Dark Champagne" paint mixed. Bought 1 quart this time. I'd like to get the front fascia and hood painted before storage time arrives.
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

new tires

Last week, I got two new tires for the front. Stock size 225/75/15's (Hercules white walls). Before I was running one 225/75/15 (crappy spare/previous tire was slashed) and a 235/75/15. Later this Fall or next Spring, I'll replace the old 235/75/15's on the rear. Next-up: mvi...*fingers crossed for no surprises*
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
            Next-up: mvi...*fingers crossed for no surprises*
            Passed! Also got an oil-change
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Cool that is passed. Is your Engine light still flickering?
              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
              Past Panthers
              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Last week, I got two new tires for the front. Stock size 225/75/15's (Hercules white walls). Before I was running one 225/75/15 (crappy spare/previous tire was slashed) and a 235/75/15. Later this Fall or next Spring, I'll replace the old 235/75/15's on the rear. Next-up: mvi...*fingers crossed for no surprises*
                Spin offs! Lol. I love white walls, i cant imagine how you dont love them.
                79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                  Cool that is passed. Is your Engine light still flickering?
                  Yes...
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by Leafsrule16 View Post
                    Spin offs! Lol. I love white walls, i cant imagine how you dont love them.
                    When ordering the tires, I actually requested white walls. The guy at the shop said he doesn't get many young people making such requests
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

shitty shifter

The shift-linkage decided to take a crap today. I can only shift from P to R... Gear selector is very loose. I'm going to call the transmission shop in the morning. I just paid off my credit-card yesterday...
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Your car heard you put your credit card away.
                        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

ugha...

The steering column has to be replaced...

Lincoln Land, Inc. in Clearwater, Florida, have been specializing in 1956-1979 Lincoln parts since 1978. We maintain an extensive inventory of parts for classic Lincolns including Town Cars and Continentals. We also carry Lincoln parts through model year 1997. In addition to our extensive parts inventory, Lincoln Land offers restorative and preservation services as well as quality Lincoln automobiles for sale.
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

The steering column has to be replaced...

http://www.lincolnlandinc.com/browse...a/category~263
                            Why?

My 76 Torino 400 C6 will be hard to shift past reverse and impossible to get into 2 or 1 if it's been sitting for a month or so. After I start it up and back it out of the driveway, it's fine. Not sure why it does that. Should be the same setup as your Town Car.

Comment

The metal components inside broke from age and rust. This car has spent all of it's life in Canada. Limited winter use during the 1980's. Was always garage-stored but never undercoated that I know of. I took ownership in '08. The car hadn't been road-worthy since 1995...
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

no progress...

The manager was on vacation when my car was dropped off on July 4th. I called last Friday and no further diagnosis had been done. If no progress is made soon, I might have to chat with the manager, whom I know personally because he's my Mom's cousin. I have money saved up for the paint job but some of it will be going towards this repair...
                                '79 Continental Town Car
                                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                                X