X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Thanks guys...

And John thanks for the idea.
    You're welcome. Thanks for the help with the Luggage compactor. And also, an off topic question. The compass autodimming mirror. Is there a way to get the temperature function working too? I saw that when it first comes on it has a temperature display as well.

Comment

About 11 inches wide and 26 inches tall.
      thanks mang!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
        You're welcome. Thanks for the help with the Luggage compactor. And also, an off topic question. The compass autodimming mirror. Is there a way to get the temperature function working too? I saw that when it first comes on it has a temperature display as well.
        No problem John. I was glad to supervise . No idea about the temp function. I will check the owners manuals that I have (one for a 99 and for a 2002 I believe) and see what they say if anything. I know that you would need the sender for it though wherever the hell that would be on the car.

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
        thanks mang!
        You are very welcome. I apologize for taking a month to do it for you.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

cool! Am I reading this right - you're putting big front brakes and rear drums on?
          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

no worries mang. also, i noticed you have a remote for the trunk release?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

No problem John. I was glad to supervise . No idea about the temp function. I will check the owners manuals that I have (one for a 99 and for a 2002 I believe) and see what they say if anything. I know that you would need the sender for it though wherever the hell that would be on the car.

You are very welcome. I apologize for taking a month to do it for you.
              It would most likely be an ambient temp sensor, that can be mounted in front of condenser. Please let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                cool! Am I reading this right - you're putting big front brakes and rear drums on?
                Big front brakes when I get the parts for it. Just painting the rear drums.

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                no worries mang. also, i noticed you have a remote for the trunk release?
                Yep. On my remote for keyless entry and stuff.

It would most likely be an ambient temp sensor, that can be mounted in front of condenser. Please let me know!
                I will check out the booklets tomorrow.
                ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

ahh okay, my bad
                  sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Tomorrow? WHY NOT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!111111oneoneone?????????///////forwardslashforwardslash!?

Comment

Because everyone in the house is asleep. The manuals are in a box in the basement.
                      ~David~

Comment

... and i thought you went to sleep early

Comment

Mark VII Seatbelt guides install

While roaming the junkyards I also came across a pair of Lincoln Mark VII seat belt guides. They looked in good shape so I pulled them and figured I would try them out. I thought I would have to make an entire bracket stretching from the center post out to the mounting points to secure the guides but to my surprise there is a metal bracket spanning from left to right (basically the entire inside of the seat) that I utilized by drilling some holes into and securing the guides to. I hope to find some tan ones from a Mark VII in the future so I can decide which way I like it more...probably the stock tan..and plus that would be more durable than painted trim pieces...

Drivers side:

Passengers side:

~David~

Comment

... and i thought you went to sleep early
                            The 2002 manual I have says nothing about thermometer equipped mirrors.
                            ~David~

Comment

The devil is in the details. Very nice. Not to far from now you'll be getting 2nd place at the car shows

Packman

Comment

Thanks!

Went for a spin around town this afternoon. Wish I had my camera as I found a buddy roaming the street. An old man with a white 90/91 Crown Victoria was pulled in front of me at a red light. He happened to be going my way for 10 blocks or so on Francis Lewis Boulevard so I gave him a taste of the exhaust and the car as I blew past him. I slowed down and he pointed at me and gave me a thumbs up as I returned it with one of my own.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X