No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put the Vic all back together today and everything works! All grounds and all are fine even with everything painted. Sweet. Planning to do the column stalks this weekend now pending weather.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Okay I went outside and took a couple of pictures.

First the freshly painted drums. These were painted with Duplicolor Caliper paint. Their caliper paint actually goes a long way. One can did these two drums.

And here are some pictures of the engine bay.

All items were painted with Rustoleum engine paint.

The painted are as follows:
      1. Alternator Bracket
      2. Alternator Support Bracket
      3. All related hardware
      4. Compressor Bracket
      5. Compressor Support Bracket
      6. All related Hardware
      7. Coil bracket
      8. Coil
      9. Coil Hardware
      10. Fan blades and body
      11. Clutch neck
      12. Clutch bolts
      13. Fan bolts
      14. Cruise Vacuum Solenoid
      15. Cruise Vacuum Solenoid bracket and nuts and retaining screw on throttle cable bracket
      16. EGR valve
      17. IAC
      18. Radiator Shroud Nuts
      19. Coolant Reservoir Bolt
      20. Master Cylinder Cover

Some pics of all that:

I still plan to paint the throttle body bolts as well as that damned blower motor housing...and try and clean up the engine bay whenever I can.
      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Looking Good David
        sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Comment

Looking good as always!
          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
          Past Panthers
          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Thanks Guys

This morning I installed all of the new stalks on the car. I just used a hack saw blade in my hand to cut the old shifter knob off.

Out with the old:

And in with the NOS:

~David~

Comment

Beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!
              sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Comment

Thanks Daryl

Next up is acquiring a Mustang Dual warning buzzer module to replace my broken dinger. It does not work when the headlights are left on so I want to replace it with the most annoying one I know of...and this is of a mid 80's Mustang. I don't know why but I like the annoying buzzing sound it puts out....

Other than that I still have to install the dead pedal adn figure out if I want to install the Mustang Fog Lamp Switch and Mustang Amp Pull Switch or not...and to my knowledge the interior has nothing else to be done to it.

Exterior wise I want to purchase a set of headlight trim rings to paint black, get some bumper stripes for the front. Maybe install a minty set of windshield moldings I pulled from the yard last month...and not much else.

Under the hood I want to pull the blower motor housing, the egr bullshit vacuum bracket on the p.side inner fender the throttle body bolts and paint all of those up. I want to make a bracket to hole the EGR valve connector on a push pin type bracket by one throttle body screw and go over the entire engine bay and replace white zip ties with black, plug up any siliconed inner fender holes with push plugs and cover any wiring with electrical tape and convoluted tubing where needed.

Plan to go to Scotts in a week and pick up big brake swap parts.....wanna get fenders to have for the future as well because harrys actually had a lot of clean boxes to pick from fro a change.
                ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  Plan to go to Scotts in a week and pick up big brake swap parts.....wanna get fenders to have for the future as well because harrys actually had a lot of clean boxes to pick from fro a change.
                  Buy the whole fender or I'll punch you in the nuts :lol:
                  Maybe I'll be up there to help pull those control arms and whatnot.

Comment

Yes I will be pulling the entire fender. Yeah I wouldnt mind company..and this way I can get to EZpull since you know the way.

I plan t go to Scotts on Tuesday the 24 if I am not called to work yet.
                    ~David~

Comment

Looks good but you do know the club is completely useless right?
                      1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                      2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks.

I highly disagree. An average dopey dumbfuck criminal will be deterred from it, and any 'professional' car thief should automatically have their 'professional status' recalled by wasting their time even taking a glance at my car. The Club is worth it, just like the two sets of wheel locks I have on my wheels. I do whatever I can to protect the shit I have. I would feel like a dumb ass if I did nothing and something was stolen just because there were opportunities to prevent such an occurrence.
                        ~David~

Comment

Your cleaning that thing up great!!! Im really liking it!

I dont even understand how the club works lol
                          -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                          -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

the club is designed to rob the customer and let the thief get the car.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by 87DeuceVic View Post
                              Your cleaning that thing up great!!! Im really liking it!

I dont even understand how the club works lol
                              Thanks. And as far as I know the club has been around since before I was born. The idea is the perp cannot steer the vehicle because of the long arms.

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                              the club is designed to rob the customer and let the thief get the car.
                              lol It gives the customer added peace of mind and security.
                              ~David~

Comment

The club is a good deterrent for the casual joyrider type thief. Any pro can cut the steering wheel and bend it enough to get the club off in less than a minute. At any rate, if it gives you a sense of security go for it. It certainly can't hurt.
                                2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                                2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                                Past Panthers
                                1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                                if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Working...
                                X