No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know how to kill it.......we can do it at scottfest!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      Thanks Josh. I have no idea. I am trying my best...within reason.. WOT all round town and highways, 5K+rpm's etc etc...I guess I have a really good engine. Thing runs really strong for what it is but I do want to drop in something meaner.
      You need to stop trying, it'll never go if you're trying to blow it up... We can help. We got rocks and pennies. And if that don't work, we got a half a bottle of clunker bomb, and a brandy new one too.

Comment

It will go when it will go. No blatant death with be in its future. Gotta save up money so I am ready for a sweet crate motor when the time has come.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

about the only practical way to kill these is to stop changing the oil. it will die from neglect. if you maintain it, they go almost forever. I'm at 237k on the Mark VII and it runs like some I've seen with a lot less on the clock. No secrets about why, I have a long log of maintenance records showing regular oil changes and other service.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            Thanks Josh. I have no idea. I am trying my best...within reason.. WOT all round town and highways, 5K+rpm's etc etc...I guess I have a really good engine. Thing runs really strong for what it is but I do want to drop in something meaner.

a crate engine would be great!
            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              about the only practical way to kill these is to stop changing the oil. it will die from neglect. if you maintain it, they go almost forever. I'm at 237k on the Mark VII and it runs like some I've seen with a lot less on the clock. No secrets about why, I have a long log of maintenance records showing regular oil changes and other service.
              Then that is surely my problem. All scheduled maintenance gets done as scheduled. I have the money for new engine now but I want to get other things out of the way first. Big brakes, 373 gears, finish up the exhaust, more stuff to paint in the bay etc etc...and save up money so I dont blow whatever I have on the car...always need to have plenty saved just in case. But i am definitely purchasing something right out of a catalog when the time is right.
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Beautiful pics as always!!!

Packman

Comment

I hope you have an ant-theft device of some sort, especially if you live in a rough area!
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

lookin Gorgeous mang.. that under the hood pick is orgasmic

Comment

Why was this car not at Scottfest?? WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY??????

sigpic
                      - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

To be honest with you Scott I wish it was there too but it was because of the weather as well as me wanting to go junkyarding. My car is NOT going to be sitting in ANY parking lot without my supervision...and I want to preserve the car as much as I can and having all that rain spray the undercarriage and what not would really make me cringe.

Sneak peek....Hella H4 low beams and Hella H1 high beams Thanks Nate.

~David~

Comment

And installed.

Some before shots:

During:

After:

Items installed are as follows:
                          • Hella H4 Low Beams
                          • Hella H1 High Beams
                          • NOS Set of 1979 Clear Lenses
                          • New Long Life Sylvania 1157 A Amber Bulbs
                          • New Long Life Sylvania 194 NA Amber Bulbs
                          • New Hillman Black Stainless Grille Screws
                          • Painted Headlight Trim Retainers
                          • Painted Headlight Trim Retainer Screws

Nice little $300 upgrade.
                          ~David~

Comment

Looks great!

Pete
                            For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                            1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                            1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Damn you're fast! That woulda laid around my bedroom until I got sick and tired of tripping over the stuff. Very nice!

Packman

Comment

Thanks guys.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X