No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always a stunner! Those old school column locks are the shit! Nice job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can some kind soul tell this "old' man how he can post a picture of his '86 MGM Tudor, before it finally rusts away??

Comment

Yes they do indeed!.........thats why you still have "sick" folks like me that still drive Studebakers.......and Avantis at that!!
        Originally posted by HiFiMerc View Post
        All the time. I tell them, everyone has a Mustang or Camaro.

Comment

Rear frame rails (second to last body mount back) were scuffed this morning and top coated with extreme chassis black. I then seam sealed the patches I welded into the trunk area.

Next area to attack was the over axle one. I removed the spring and shocks in preparation for this. I blew a lot of compressed air into the frame over the axle area and coated the inside of the frame with internal frame coating. Tomorrow I will needle scale and wire wheel my little heart out before applying rust converter over all the bad areas of the frame and body. Rust encapsulator and extreme chassis black after that...

While I was internal frame coating the drivers side of the frame I noticed a hole in my inner rocker just before the rear wheel. Luckily I was able to get the rocker all blown out from debris and I internal frame coated that and then welded in a patch. I got a wicked stiff neck now from being under the vehicle at a strange angle while welding in that patch.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

got pictures?

Comment

No pics. Too messy during the process. Will have to gets some afterwords.
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Took the Vic out for a cruise Saturday and drain the tank pretty good during the ride. I knew when I parked it after my joy ride that I was pretty empty. The low fuel light was on for a hell of a lot of miles and I guess I just thought I had more in the tank than I actually did because when I went to start it today it was hard to start and then died on me just pulling out of the parking spot. FUCK. Pop it in neutral and push it back into its spot. Luckily dad had a gallon or two of gas in the shed for the lawn equipment and that allowed me to get to the gas station. I sure get a lot of people looking over at my car as I drive by and fuel up. RESPECT.

Needless to say that next time the low fuel light comes on I will actually take it's advice and fuel up to prevent this from happening again.,
                ~David~

Comment

I'm guilty of doing that as well lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've never managed that one. I have managed to pull into the gas station and put 18.3 gallons in an 18 gallon tank.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yep! I don't have a low fuel light but did the EXACT SAME THING. parked it thinking I could make it to the gas station, came back later, started it, put it in reverse and...died. Unfortunately I was not as lucky as you with the extra gas...had to get someone to drive me to a store to buy a gas can, and then to the gas station to buy gas, meanwhile running late to get home...lol
                      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

The low fuel light on my wagon comes on stupid early. Usually only takes 13 or so gallons once it lights up. I always heed it's advice though. If the Battle Wagon wants gas, I'm getting it gas.
                        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

My idiot light usually comes on around 1/4 tank. I have learned from experience with the Towncar that E does not mean "enough". Its flat empty. When the light comes on, I start looking for a place to get fuel.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

installs gas light
                            ignores it when it comes on

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloRider View Post
                              installs gas light
                              ignores it when it comes on
                              yep. thats me.
                              ~David~

Comment

Hey when it happened to me in my Taurus I had a choice, either go straight to the gas station, or stop at Wendy's first... yeah... I pushed my car out of Wendy's lol

I know now, the car eats first.

Comment

Working...
                                X