No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well thanks Louis. You can find a list, by clicking my signature, that sums up everything done to my car. It would actually be a good project for me to hyperlink items in that list to the pages found within this ever growing thread.

Again I highly appreciate your comments. Lots of thought has gone into this vehicle to keep it looking nice and clean while getting any and all upgrades I deem useful.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
      Yes, he has lots of details that would be great on your new car!
      Indeed, I have a spiral notebook here where I have been taking notes.

Comment

Yesterday before work I reassembled the freshly painted rear caliper brackets with their internal drum parking brake set up. I also painted my rear calipers, stock valve covers, rotor hats and an alternator bracket. I installed a new air temp sensor in the gt 40 lower intake as well as the freshly painted 86 specific heater pipes onto that intake.

Next job I would like to tackle is the rear end gear swap and do the rear discs at the same time. I just need to grab a few more parts for the swap.

In other news I purchased a McCully Racing Motors TFI relocation harness. I need to grab a few more pieces at the yard to complete that install. I plan to run the TFI remotly just above my air intake on the core support.

Also looking into purchasing an air fuel ratio gauge for the pending engine rebuild/upgrade. Looking at the autometer NV Digital gauge 7378. The only thing needed after that for the engine upgrade would be the tune....... OH and actually doing all the work.
        Last edited by 87gtVIC; 09-10-2013, 07:25 PM.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Officially getting rid of the Mustang V6 Wheels now....They are up for sale locally with spinner caps and flat caps.

Had the tires removed and swapped onto the HPP's. They were able to static balance them which made me happy.

Came home and then removed the shocks and installed some energy suspension shock bushings front and rear. mitymerc, Jim gave me the idea. I also installed the silly rubber flaps on the front inner fenders that I had pulled from my JY trip during scottfest. Also installed a different tailpipe hanger which rose the p.side pipe level with the d. side pipe.

My big eastwood order came in today as well. No idea when I will get around to doing all of the underbody stuff but at least I have the materials. They ship really fast.

4 cans of rust encapsulator

1 quarts of rust encapsulator

and the professional Undercoating and anti rust kit.
          ~David~

Comment

Made another order....

Have conical wire wheel brushes, Poly-X, Paint & Rust Removal Discs as well as a 6" drill extension on their way..........

Now I have to find a time to bring the car in the back yard and raise her HIGH up on jack stands.....remove the exhaust, gas tank (installing new pump anyways), braces, wheels, air dams, rear springs, rear shocks, trailer hitch and driveshaft to get a nicer job.
            ~David~

Comment

Installed the Walbro 190 lph fuel pump today. Surprisingly went easy.....
              ~David~

Comment

This car is a work of art.....I love the attention to detail and taking care to get each item 'just right'.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  Installed the Walbro 190 lph fuel pump today. Surprisingly went easy.....
                  Did you modify your stock pump housing or did you swap in a later fuel tank along with the fuel pump?

Packman

Comment

Modified the rubber boot the stock pump sits in. I did it like everyone else does.
                    ~David~

Comment

hose clamp?
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah. Cut the bottom out of the rubber to the pump sits at the correct level. Purchased a spacer to take up the gap in the stock boot and clamped the stock boot to the bracket then another hose clamp to hold the pump inside the stock boot.

I installed new tank straps and fuel pump housing O ring and lock ring.
                        ~David~

Comment

The new replacement pumps come with a rubber insert that fits inside the factory housing. I remember not having to change anything when I did the pump on the Boulevard Cruiser.

Comment

Not the one I had purchased but I have seen others did come with the sleeve.
                            ~David~

Comment

Eastwood goodies came...Added it to the stock pile of stuff I have......

Purchased a clear dome light lens from LMC truck and now seriously looking into picking up an aluminum drive shaft.
                              ~David~

Comment

Yay aluminum drive shaft is in possession. Combination u joints are in route as well as a set of KYB gas adjust shocks for the front (long story)........

Probably clean up the shaft and give her a half ass polish job before the install.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X