My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its probably from a versalies or a mk V with disk brake option

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
      That car looks so fucking good with HPP's.
      I am very happy I picked them up. I think they suit the car well. Still undecided about painting the centers black as they look great as is.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      I think I have the round Disc Brakes one on my car. Whats the Four Wheel Disc from?

Looks good. Just make sure you torque those wheel spacers on or you'll be shopping for a quarter panel. BTDT.
      Thanks. Believe it or not I actually did torque the wheel spacers. As far as the pedal pad goes......I have not a clue. I can usually tell ya' right away what car this part on my car is from but I am completely drawing a blank as to what vehicle I pulled it off of years back.

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
      Its probably from a versalies or a mk V with disk brake option
      Possibly. I will try to look that up and find out as I like accurately documenting what year make and model the vehicles that the parts on my car came from.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Love those wheels.

'93 T-bird
        '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
        '88 Mark VII
        '86 CV

Comment

Originally posted by purplebomb302 View Post
          Love those wheels.
          Thanks.

Weather was great today, temps were very mild considering there is still snow on the ground. Broke out the soldering irons, heat shrink tubing's and my EVTM and went ahead and relayed the blower motor based off of this thread by John: Relay Your Blower Motor

Cut the factory harness so the install remains whether or not a new blower motor is installed:

There you can see I soldering into the factory harness. One wire to trigger the relay and one wire to then feed the blower some 12v goodness directly from the battery.

I used a 20 amp fuse and then feed the fuse to pin 30 on the relay. The top 20 amper is for the blower motor and the top relay is the same. Pin 85 was fed ground pin 86 was fed the original power to the blower motor and pin 87 feeds the blower motor the battery power.

I wired everything into my fuse box to keep it all nice and tidy underneath the hood.

Box closed...nice and clean!

Blower freaking roars now from inside the vehicle, really pushes some air. Totally worth doing as it takes stress off of other components and increases the efficiency of your blower motor.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

and look at you with your pretty power distribution box. When I put the e-fan in the vic... I'm going to TRY to pull that stunt... but since I need a 50amp relay for the high side... I may be forced to run that externally.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Are you using an aftermarket electric fan? Maybe a factory setup utilizes a relay and box that can be concealed like I have above?

I gotta say I feel as if I have outgrew the distro box relay wise. All I have in there are relays for the highs and lows, horn and blower motor. I still want to relay the fog lamps. I think I will have to scour the yards for a two banger relay box that matches the distro I currently have. I believe Ryan pulled something like what I have described from a newer CV years back. It had a nice mounting plate and all that should work out well.
              ~David~

Comment

HPP caps: Ford or Mercury?
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Ford.
                  ~David~

Comment

Found it....http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post700284

pic: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post700605
                    ~David~

Comment

since it's going in my 93... it already had the box... the problem is it's the setup from a 2000 v6 cougar and the high relay has an extra pin for the protection diode as the relay is wired entirely high side and has no real ground wire to it. I have the distribution box from the cougar, so theoretically I can mount that in there too, but that would be weird.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Damn! Got me thinking HPP's for the Lincoln....

Comment

Nice pics of the CV!!! I need to get a clue on electrical work before I start running into problems with the CV.

Stay warm tonight in NYC; it's gonna be a cold one.

Packman

Comment

I like how you painted the hat and edge of the rotors, Dave.

I did that on my Mustang (had the calipers powdercoated), and on my coupe; it is quite labor intensive.

A handy tip, for anyone else looking to do this...

If you buy Centric Professional rotors from Rock Auto (they're great quality, and affordable), they are already coated black. And it lasts. I have them on my Dodge.
                            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Thanks for the tip on th rotors. I will definitely look into those for future vehicles and projects as it is silly to paint the rotor hats, but still wroth it to prevent/deter the rust.
                              ~David~

Comment

Well, the first test drive with the new rear gears and brakes is successful. Brakes brake well, both rear wheels lock up under HEAVY braking just like they did with the drums so I consider everything a success. Car pulls like hell out of the hole...but fall on its face at high rpm even more-so than it did before. Only disappointment is the speedo gear I purchased (no clue on the teeth off the top of my head) reads 10 MPH faster at 55 and about 15 at 70+. I gotta fix that.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X