No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for putting up the head light swap/upgrade. What a great idea! I have some water in 2 of my head lights and will swap them out shortly. They still work but they just do not look good. It looks like just two screws and they will pop out.

Any suggestions on cleaning the engine/engine compartment?

Comment

Lets see....

Mine went from this

To This....

Couple rounds with the pressure washer as well as a couple rounds with a rag and detail brushes. Here are there I removed brackets and painted them and that helped as well.

To clean the engine bay I always covered the alternator, distributor, coil and any other sensitive electronics that I cannot remember at the moment. I like the engine to be warm, not hot, and mist the pressure washer over it. Use a degreaser (I used simple green) and spray it one there..I think I used gunk a couple of times as well. Again this is not a one time transformation...took many goes at it. But make the degreaser get everywhere and then brush everything making sure nothing dries. After spray everything down and go in there with a rag. To protect everything I then hit all connections with wd40 and douse all the plastics in 303 aerospace protectant.
      Last edited by 87gtVIC; 05-27-2014, 02:05 PM.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

wow!!!! You have inspired me! Thank you.

Comment

Yay underside of the car from the rear bumper up to the back of the engine is complete. All frame is wrapped in extreme chassis black after being rust converted and rust encapsulated. The entire underside of the body was rust converted and rust encapsulated. Heavy duty ant rust was sprayed into all hard to reach areas like up between the rockers and the frame as well as behind the fuel tank and numerous other areas. Internal frame coating was applied to all holes within the frame. Once the engine comes out I will finish everything up, including the tranny xmember which I couldn't removed because I did not want to disturb the H pipe.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Additional trunk light install.

Picked up a socket for another trunk light at the yard. I wanted one from an 87 down but I had to settle as there were none available. It looks similar but They are different in the housing. The one I grabbed seems to be a bit more sensitive than the stock one as it jitters a bit once at full open on the trunk. I attribute that to the newer models not being available with trunk hing bumpers like I installed onto my car. Anyways....

Here is the stock one in its stock location:

Here is where I want to mount the new one:

Here is the new light and the short bit of harness I could muster:

Soldered a wire to it to make it reach the existing light:

I used a hammer and dolly (redneck tool...piece of flat heavy duty metal and a hammer) to make the mounting area flat. I then drilled a 7/32 hole and I was good to go:

Oh and here are some pics of the underside of the car:

One thing I realized is that I should have removed the two body mounts to get those areas better....I can always do that another time.
            ~David~

Comment

Looks good. Something I always wanted to do was add more trunk lighting. I was thinking LED strips under the package shelf area, and fit a tilt switch from a Mark VII to drive them. The Marks have fixed lights in the shelf area, and a switch that mounts to the trunk hinge to turn them on. The stock single bulb in the trunk lid is just not enough to be useful.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That sound like a great place to mount some lights, especially LED strips. Should look very concealed and help out a great deal once illuminated. I am sure two lights are still not enough to illuminate everything in this trunk. I might look into that one of these years.
                ~David~

Comment

I updated my modification spec sheet (which is found when clicking on my signature picture) to include links to almost all of my modifications and additions to this vehicle. All one has to do is click on the modification of interest to you and it will lead you to either my install write up (overstated) or a picture of said modification. Should help a few out if they do not want to gander through all 130 pages about this car. lol
                  ~David~

Comment

Pure awesomeness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                      I updated my modification spec sheet (which is found when clicking on my signature picture) to include links to almost all of my modifications and additions to this vehicle. All one has to do is click on the modification of interest to you and it will lead you to either my install write up (overstated) or a picture of said modification. Should help a few out if they do not want to gander through all 130 pages about this car. lol
                      Finally.

Sent from Blaster coming at ya from Autobot City.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Looking good, I'm sure your happy that dirty job is done.
                        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                        Past Panthers
                        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

organized people make me sick, if only to remind me of just how poorly organized I am. I couldn't tell you half the crap I've done to mine over the years, and I surely haven't documented much of it.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Looks great under there!
                            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
                              Pure awesomeness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Thanks mang

Originally posted by sly View Post
                              Finally.

Sent from Blaster coming at ya from Autobot City.
                              It was always bugging me, just finally had the time to get around to it.

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                              Looking good, I'm sure your happy that dirty job is done.
                              Absolutely. That was the biggest undertaking. Once the engine is out I have more work to do but it will be no where near as involved as this underbody cleaning session was.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              organized people make me sick, if only to remind me of just how poorly organized I am. I couldn't tell you half the crap I've done to mine over the years, and I surely haven't documented much of it.

I figured I will have this car for years to come so having everything documented will only help me in the end.

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                              Looks great under there!
                              Thanks Zach.
                              ~David~

Comment

Looking good as always. Awesome work!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                                X