No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great! I'm glad you stuck with brown makes me not look like such a freak.
    1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
    2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys!

Brown FTW!

Back home from the shop all unmasked! Scary driving the 25 something miles with no mirrors

Paint sparkles nice

Bumpers and fillers installed as well as rear window bright trim

Reflection!!!!

Where it sits....fucking SEXY and it is still totally naked!!!

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

wow its looks great! Do not wax it until when the paint become hard....I say up to 3 month?
        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
        1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
        1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Yep. Painter said dont wax for at least three months. Thanks Jason.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks Dave. That just made me jizz all over the fucking computer.

Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
            New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Looks like Teh Awesomez!!!!!! I like it. like, alot!!!!

-ryan s.
              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
              Originally posted by pantera77
              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

very nice man.
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Thanks again everyone. You have no idea how it feels to finally have a painted car after waiting this long. It is great.

Oh! My father helped me get my front bumper back to normal looking. The bumper bracket mounted to the shock was bent as well as the reinforcement on the actual bumper. Some heat, hammers, body shims, and pipe wrenches got everything back to normal looking...or normal-er than before.
                  ~David~

Comment

looks fucking good as hell! I like it alot man. This incourages me to get started on mine so badly!

Comment

its looking even better with that little chrome on in. cant wait to see the completed car.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Now you need one of these to keep the evil of the world off it.
                        Trust me I can't put mine in the garage ether one of these will save your paint.

1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                        2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                        sigpic

Comment

looks great dave mang it turned out great

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Thanks guys.

O also installed nice and clean bumper rub stripes on the rear bumper while I had it off to install the filler pieces. I pulled some from a junkyard a couple of years ago for the front as well, but it looks like I have a Grand Marquis Bumper so the rub stripes I pulled don't fit in the front. The rear looks nice and new though!
                            Last edited by 87gtVIC; 10-23-2010, 03:11 PM.
                            ~David~

Comment

Nice mang!! Glad to see you stuck with the original color. Looks great!
                              -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                              -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Man, you gotta love how much metallic paint pops out in the bright sunlight. Looks like they did a great job on the finish.

It's refreshing to see someone here actually seriously working toward the goal of finishing their car up , instead of just continually buying more of them and then never doing anything with them like a lot of the people here.

Can't wait to see it with all the shiny stuff hung on there!

Comment

Working...
                                X