No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In all honesty this is probably one of the top 2 or 3 Crown Vics I've ever seen. Great job man!

George
    1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

Thanks George.

I must also add that NOS mirrors are freakin nice. I like crystal clear mirrors...both in chrome and the actual glass!
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Good. Now lose the nosebleed-height springs.

Comment

Looks great, and it has the proper amount of trim.

As for painting the cooler, they were black from the factory. The black will actually help shed some heat, but you probably want flat black. Stove or grill paint is probably just the ticket. Its high heat, and lays on thin enough to not mess with heat transfer.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The car looks great mang! Nice Work!

I really would keep the car if I were you. You will never even come close to getting back how much money you have put into it. Not anytime soon anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
              Good. Now lose the nosebleed-height springs.
              Err. I have lowering springs and shocks to be installed.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              Looks great, and it has the proper amount of trim.

As for painting the cooler, they were black from the factory. The black will actually help shed some heat, but you probably want flat black. Stove or grill paint is probably just the ticket. Its high heat, and lays on thin enough to not mess with heat transfer.
              Thanks Thain

The cooler I received was in great condition Only had to straighten out the cooling fins. All paint was still attached so it does look flat black. I was more concerned about globing paint in between the fins resulting in poor heat transferring.

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
              The car looks great mang! Nice Work!

I really would keep the car if I were you. You will never even come close to getting back how much money you have put into it. Not anytime soon anyway.
              Thanks Brandon.
              Last edited by 87gtVIC; 11-16-2010, 06:30 AM.
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Keep the damned thing. Who is going to appreciate the car you built and put untold hours and dollars into?

It's your machine, nobody else has a car exactly like this. Take pride in that. Take it to as many shows as you can and drive it around until you're a ripe old man. Buy a new DD when you can afford one so you can preserve the 'Blob' in a garage (or even one of those collapsible ones)

In your travels, maybe you'll get some young'uns hooked on big old Fords after seeing a quality specimen like that.

I've said it before, but, very nice work. I've loved my big old Fords (as comfy reliable cars) for years but I've never seen ones taken to the extremes I see here. Now thanks to you I know what kind of potential they have cosmetically, even for a mostly stock exterior. It's just damn sharp looking man.
                Last edited by 1990LTD; 11-16-2010, 07:54 AM.
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

One note: We know it's a Ford. Really. Too many Ford logos on the back of the car. One other note: Not liking the mud flaps and stainless window guard thingies. Oh well, this was open for comments...

Comment

I can definitely agree on the Ford logos. The plate frame was thrown on to hide some ugly scuff marks that must have been left by a previous plate frame. The rest we will agree to disagree upon.
                    ~David~

Comment

Speedway Lowring Springs and KYB GR-2 Shocks

Hello corners...here I come

I predict they will be a bitch to install.
                      ~David~

Comment

nice! they should not be too bad to swap.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I have no hardware for it lol. What do I do about securing the bottoms of the rear shock?

The existing shock on the car (sensitrac) seems to have the bolt incorporated in the shock...there is also a spacer pushing it away from the bracket on the rear end.
                          ~David~

Comment

what spring rate are these again? and how much of a drop? 1"?
                            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

925# Front

225# Rear

And I think they drop the car about an inch from stock ride height.
                              ~David~

Comment

I am thinking I was jipped the lower hardware.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X