My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Jim

Went out for a cruise this morning and my destinations were twisty roads. I checked out snake hill road in cold spring harbor as well as Mill road out in Manorville. Snake hill was really short and had one or two super tight curves. Mill road (basically between exit 70 and 71 on the LIE) was around 5 miles long and was FUN for me. I’ll have to set up my camera next time I head out there to capture some of the action. Anyways here are some pictures from the journey.

On the way to Snake hill road I passed by Smithtown Ford. This is the dealership that I got my NOS drivers side door from back in 2010…but it was actually in the parts warehouse across the street.

Then on the way to Mill road I got kinda lost and the GPS took me to a dirt road (only about a 1000 feet long between asphalts) so I got out and snapped a few more:

Then I got closer to mill road and found a gigantic bull sculpture:

Next time I gotta get video of mill road. Was fun inside the vehicle. Not sure how much fun a video will be but I will try it out.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Placed an order for 65 to 73 Mustang/Cougar disc brake equipped brake and clutch pedal rubbers with stainless trim. I have plans....

Teaser

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I knew it!

Those pads will work mint! Bet they will feel better too.

Cant wait for progress!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

3 pedals good, 2 pedals bad.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Those full size pedals are what I want.
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

The full size is why I am going for them!

The brake pedal will be cut down to size while I will have to weld metal tto the clutch pedal to make that pad fit. I also have to think about how I want to space them out being that they are larger. Hmmm.

But this is all a long ways down the road from being installed. I WILL build the pedals soon though. Next month I will start the engine build by picking up a block. Once I build it it will be installed with the AOD still in place as well as a new B&M torque converter. Transgo hi rev kit as well. Reason being...wanna sort the engine quirks out before I add another wrench into the equation.
              ~David~

Comment

Here are the completed radiator hold downs for the SPECTRA radiator Part # CU552 . Its a 3 core unit. No stock mount fitted the damn thing properly so I went ahead and made it fit.

This is the size you need:

Here you can see again how I made them that size:

Cut and weld baby.

If I could have welded better I would have put a nice bead on the top side. Instead I just taped off the area and added some seam sealer. I could have even added filler and made it look like it was never touched but I like that it looks like I made it...because well, I did!

Engine primed, engine aluminum and engine clear.
                ~David~

Comment

I got to looking at mine, and one is a bit too long. Maybe when I'm feeling ambitious I'll trim it to size and braze it together. My torch+brass skills are vastly better than my electric sparks of doom skills. Oddly enough the one on the right side fits perfectly, the one on the left is about 1/2" too much.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

^That would just become a nit picky project as there really is no purpose for it. Working fine as is now but just doesn't look right....Kinda like everything I do. lol
                    ~David~

Comment

Grinder fixes all welding fuck ups.

Comment

Tru dat.

Clutch and brake pedal bezels arrived. The pedal pads have not. I need pedal pads dammit. Waiting on the pedal pads to start figuring out how exactly to lay out the pedal assembly.

May attempt to pin strip the car tomorrow. Looking forward to it!
                        Last edited by 87gtVIC; 06-05-2015, 03:45 PM.
                        ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                          Grinder fixes all welding fuck ups.
                          Not really. When the metal won't stick together, a grinder does nothing for you there. The MIG at work doesn't feed wire properly half the time, and I've no desire to fuck with it. I prefer the control you get from hand feeding the filler anyway. I could probably get into TIG, but I don't have access to one of those. Fire is way more cool than electric spark boxes anyway.
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah bitches!!! Pinstripped The Brown Blob today. Came out AWESOME!

Used Prostripe Brite Gold in color. Says specifically on the package not to use on curves..GREAT. I claybarred all of the areas first and cleaned it with a wax and grease remover to give the vinyl the best chance at sticking.

Picked up two packages of that stuff as I did the hood, trunk as well as the sides of the car.

I figured since the packaging said not to use on turns that I would try my beginners luck on the trunk which consists of TWO tight 90 degree turns. Lol

Before:

After:

I figured I would push my luck and do the hood next

Before:

After:

SO far so good. Next up is the drivers side. Use some tapes to give me a guide line. Worked excellent.

Before:

After:

Skeleton Masked Sam Adams Approved.

Last but not least was the passenger’s side

Before:

After:

And some pics overall:

After all was said and done I dabbed some clearcoat on all of the edges to help them stay put. It really really really looks badass. SO HAPPY!
                            ~David~

Comment

Normally I am not a fan of pinstriping, but that looks hawt. Great job, and great attention to detail as always mang!
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Looks good!

So Sam Adams is really Skeletor? And the plot thickens.

Comment

Working...
                                X