No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I did, I want to say it was a 'trailer option' wire but it was just some variation of yellow or black like the others. Im pretty sure it was with the rear defrost wire like yours though.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

wow that does look nice. glad I could help
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
        I think I did, I want to say it was a 'trailer option' wire but it was just some variation of yellow or black like the others. Im pretty sure it was with the rear defrost wire like yours though.
        weird...

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
        wow that does look nice. glad I could help
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That looks really good! And it's nice to see heat shrink and solder used instead of tape and butt connectors.
          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Well Dave...

Ordinarily I'd tell you it looks good. Very professional, nice install.

But, since you have yet to heed my advice and wash under the hood, I am going to withhold my comments.

I like it alot.
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
              That looks really good! And it's nice to see heat shrink and solder used instead of tape and butt connectors.
              Thanks....
              I wont lie...there are a few butt connectors...only because my soldering gun could not efficiently heat up some of the thicker wires. I could have used the torch for those but the torch would have been too hot and just melted everything. For the amp power wire and the jumper from the solenoid to the fusebox I did use the torch and solder. Those thick wires can handle the heat thrown by the torch.

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
              Well Dave...

Ordinarily I'd tell you it looks good. Very professional, nice install.

But, since you have yet to heed my advice and wash under the hood, I am going to withhold my comments.

I like it alot.
              Thanks Nate..I must say that using flash on my camera really brings out all of the dirtiness. One day I will get around to cleaning the bay, one day....
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

So for the rearward bolt on the washer fluid tank is that a self-tapping bolt? I'm on borrowed time to ask, otherwise I'd dig through this thread myself to see if you answered it before I asked. Sorry if you did- just trying to get the information in a rush; if possible I'd like to get the new tank mounted up Tuesday afternoon so this step of the process can be complete.

Thanks!
                2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

looks great dave I like how it turned out. no more fuse links to mess with lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                  302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                  k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat View Post
                    So for the rearward bolt on the washer fluid tank is that a self-tapping bolt? I'm on borrowed time to ask, otherwise I'd dig through this thread myself to see if you answered it before I asked. Sorry if you did- just trying to get the information in a rush; if possible I'd like to get the new tank mounted up Tuesday afternoon so this step of the process can be complete.

Thanks!
                    No it is not self tapping. It was left over from off of the crap I removed in its place. And It went right into an existing hole with little to no coercion.

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                    looks great dave I like how it turned out. no more fuse links to mess with lol
                    Thank you Gabe
                    ~David~

Comment

Got my entire windshield resealed today as it was leaking for many months already. Guy came to my house pulled the windshield out removed all of the old caulking, sanded rust put por15 over everything then put new urethane on and placed the old glass back in. cost me 85 with tip. Said he usually just reseals by putting new urethane over the old shit. I said hell no and showed him that the glass was just about falling out...and the rest is history.

I also received in the mail my NOS door edge guards...what a waste of money...they are like only 12 inches long..but they are stainless like the rest of the cars trim so I guess it is ok
                      ~David~

Comment

noice, them door edge gards should still cover enough of the door edge.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                          noice, them door edge gards should still cover enough of the door edge.

I dont know..look how short they are!!!

They are still cool though....
                          ~David~

Comment

Looks good. Do you happen to have a fuse link gauge to fuse size chart? I really need to do this on my car, several of my fuse links are melted and replaced with speaker wire.

And you actually use a heat gun? Fancy bastard. I have a lighter.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              Looks good. Do you happen to have a fuse link gauge to fuse size chart? I really need to do this on my car, several of my fuse links are melted and replaced with speaker wire.

And you actually use a heat gun? Fancy bastard. I have a lighter.
                              Thank you Thain...and a heat gun melts the stuff evenly
                              This is the website that I used to tell me the capacity of certain size wire gauges: http://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm

And with the use of the EVTM telling me what size fuse links were attached to what circuits I was then able to determine what size wire they were...and compare it to the chart.

For all I know the way I did everything could be totally ass backwards and hacked...but everything is working...

And I will give an example to help everyone visualize what I did:

The rear defrost fusible link was 16 gauge. That means that the actual wire gauge of the rear defrost power is 12 gauge. Now just look at 12 gauge wire amp capacity and go from there. My chart on that web page above says that the maximum amps a 12 gauge wire can handle is 41...so I just put in a 40 amp maxi fuse. Thats all I did.
                              ~David~

Comment

I'd have probably matched the fuse size to the fuse link size, figuring thats what the idea behind the smaller gauge wire was. I also tend to fuse circuits for only a bit above normal operating conditions so the fuse will let go as soon as theres a problem.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X