No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm one thing the gauge install guide does not show is how to reconnect the charge circuit. It shoes that the amp charge light and 500 ohm resistor??? has to be cut out but what do I do then? Without those properly hooked up the car will not charge correctly.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Added Illumination

Here is how the instrument cluster would have looked with just the two stock bulbs:

Here are some pictures of how I incorporated the new bulbs. I just soldered on some wire to another 194 bulb holder and that was it.

With just three bulbs incorporated. You can see that one side is brighter than the other:

And here is with all four incorporated. Clearly MUCH brighter than stock:

These pictures are all without any illumination color caps. I was thinking about installing the set of red illumination color caps I have but decided against it because my radio, climate control and tripminder all would not be able to match. I would have also had to purchase all new gel caps for the gauges as well as track down a red led for my tachometer. I will just stick with my 5 light green LEDS like I have pictured in my signature.
      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

It looks good mang.
        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Red Maybe?

Thanks Jon.

Decided to throw the red illumination caps in. I am not sure about them though:

~David~

Comment

red looks bad imo
            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

i like the red....better on ur eyes at night too
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I am a little torn. The red does not look horrible...I wish there was a way to flick a switch and change up the entire interior lighting.

Still gonna think about which color to use. Most likely will be the current green LEDS but I do like to change things up quite often.
                ~David~

Comment

Red looks good, but I love the green. Witch one goes with the other interior lights better I guess is the question. Looks good though, real good.
                  "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                  1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I think blue is much better than red?
                    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                    1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_GMQ91 View Post
                      Yeah Im doing all my dash lights in blue leds along with the new speedo, lights will be here this weekend. Ill get some pics when its all done. I think what really determines it is what your interior color is in your car. I personally love blues, its my favorite color so im kind of bias.
                      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_GMQ91 View Post
                        Blue is not an option. lol To be honest I wouldn't mind blue either.

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
                        Yeah Im doing all my dash lights in blue leds along with the new speedo, lights will be here this weekend. Ill get some pics when its all done. I think what really determines it is what your interior color is in your car. I personally love blues, its my favorite color so im kind of bias.
                        Thing is I cannot change the tripminder lighting, the hvac controls and the radio colors from their current green to a red or blue easily. I like the red but I dont know if I like the red that much to have a mixed and matched illumination set up in the car.

Before I really worry about what color I use I have to get through cutting up that speedo to fit the new gauges. :hacksaw: I hope I dont break it.
                        ~David~

Comment

I love the red. Looks evil.
                          1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                          2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                          sigpic

Comment

If everything else is green Id stick with that then.
                            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post

Thing is I cannot change the tripminder lighting,
                              that is exactly why I skipped the fancy stuff and just went analog
                              Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                              New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

analog for teh win!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                                X