Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
    David.

It looks to me like those header bolts are grade 8 (I can't quite see if there are 6 tick marks on the hex heads). But the color tells me they are.

Good choice. I too enjoy quality fasteners.
    Yes 6 tick marks on the bolt heads. I hope they work out for me. I also have washer and lock washers around them. Maybe that is overkill?

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
    That's expensive as fuck. Did you buy it through BMW or something? One pint should be plenty if you're not wasteful.
    I have not looked into where the paint came from but a quick glance at the invoice showed be a total of 58.44. I will look into it more, but as long as it is good color match I do not care. I have come to realize paint is expensive and I just deal with it.

I hope not to waste it, so I should be fine. Now it is the air I am worrying about. I have asked my dad to ask around for a spray gun at work just in case my preval system blows.

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
    i know the feeling. the paint for mine was a shit load lol
    This is a good feeling though.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

looking good mang! post some pics when you finish the touch up paint!

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Thanks!
        I'll post some pics of the car once the jambs are sprayed for sure...and those will be the last pictures you will see of the car till it is fully painted, cut and buffed, and all my trim and extra pieces installed. The jambs will be a teaser.

This morning I blocked out some more spots on the car where my Pronto Kombi Spot Puddy was applied. Good stuff that Kombi stuff is, dries in less than 15 minutes and is a one part mixture. All you have to do is squeeze some out on a rubber spreader and go over any little pin hole lightly with it, come back and block out and you are done!

Gonna rain today and possibly tomorrow so Friday I will attempt to paint up one door jamb. Gotta spray my rusty metal primer (because you can never be too safe, luckily the doors are in pretty good shape...i have seen worse lol) on the underside of the door first then go over everything will my filler primer come back with my Hot Chocolate Metallic paint and then clear coat everything. I still have to prep the doors too. Ugha lots more sanding coming up for sure.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Today I blocked out some more spots of the kombi stuff. I really recommend it to anyone doing body work and after primer finds pin holes, little chips etc. It fills them up no problem and is easy to work with. I also sanded down the passengers side door jamb with 150 grit in preparation for primer and paint tomorrow weather permitting. What a pain in the ass sanding down the door jamb was but I look forward to spraying it tomorrow. I just have to be patient and do nice and easy light coats of primer, paint, and clear.
          ~David~

Comment

Don't forget to prime the spot putty before painting. That stuff soaks up paint, and if you don't prime over it with high build primer it'll show in the paint. You'll have a nice big ring around the edge of the entire repair.

Comment

Pronto packaging says: "Can be coated directly with primer, primer surfacer, sealer, basecoat and single stage refinish coatings"

Thats good to know though, thanks.
              Last edited by 87gtVIC; 06-10-2010, 07:58 PM.
              ~David~

Comment

Hmm... all the stuff I've ever used left a ring in the paint if it wasn't coated with a good thick layer of primer first. I dunno, what you do is up to you but I'd prime it just to be safe if it were me. You don't want to spend all that money and time on a top notch paint job just to have rings show up. Maybe that stuff's fine to base over, maybe it's not... I wouldn't take the chance.

Comment

I heard that this stuff is rather new? European technology and that it is different than other spot putty's. Body shop says they use it with damn good success, and they like it because it is great for last minute touch-ups. I hear you though, I would hate to have fucked up spots because of it.
                  ~David~

Comment

Teaser

Freshly Sprayed

Tough to see the true color but in the sun it is nice.
                    ~David~

Comment

Nice.
                      1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                      2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks!

Some more:

~David~

Comment

you should call it bitchin brown

Comment

I gotta say that the color looks really good which makes me happy! In the sun the color looks exactly like this:

I can only imagine how awesome it will look on the outside of the car with the professional primer (wet sanded) and clear.
                            ~David~

Comment

Don't be surprised if myself and your car disappear for long periods of time at this year's ScottFest.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                                I gotta say that the color looks really good which makes me happy! In the sun the color looks exactly like this:

I can only imagine how awesome it will look on the outside of the car with the professional primer (wet sanded) and clear.
                                I think that Mini has the rock-chip clear sheet on the hood....I love that stuff...

Comment

Working...
                                X