No announcement yet.

LTDMan's '87 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (Big Red) *DUW*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice. I like the mirror upgrade. Mine is sort of mildewing, maybe i should try on a new one. May i ask what vehicle did you grab it from? The interior looks great, and with the matching rear seats it will look fine to me.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Man you treat em right! Since it was warm I painted my grille. I needs more munny.
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

looking good brandon mang I wish I havd townie seats in my car nice to see new high beams lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          very nice. I like the mirror upgrade. Mine is sort of mildewing, maybe i should try on a new one. May i ask what vehicle did you grab it from? The interior looks great, and with the matching rear seats it will look fine to me.
          Thanks Mang. I pulled that rearview mirror out of an early 90's Oldsmobile Cutless, but many GM products have that same mirror, Impala/Monte Carlo/Lumina etc. It is a direct bolt-on for the stock windshield mount, which makes it a very easy upgrade.

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
          Man you treat em right! Since it was warm I painted my grille. I needs more munny.
          Thanks Mang, I try.

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
          looking good brandon mang I wish I havd townie seats in my car nice to see new high beams lol
          Thanks Gabe. All the lights are new, but the High Beams are the shiniest internally for some reason, lol.

Comment

Awesome. I must keep that mirror info in mind.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Had the day off form work today, with only a half day of work in my Bodyshop as well, I was feeling pretty bored, so I decided to make a True Cold Air Intake for Big Red's HO. This is the result.

Cut a hole under where the filter will sit, to give a slight "Ram Air" effect at speed.

Installed. I still need to Box the filter in, as well as find a 90 TC fan shroud, and install an aftermarket washer tank. I will paint it at some point in the future as well.

Moving the MAF Sensor/Housing away from the Throttle Body made the engine run alot smoother, not sure why.

I took her out for a high speed run afterwards, and the butt dyno reports that there is some seat of the pants power increase, during Mid-High Throttle.

Next up, the HO will be getting some Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers, and O2 Relocation.

Comment

neato!
                ~David~

Comment

1st (short) Road Trip

Just wanted to say that I took Big Red for her first short Road Trip earlier today, a total of 75mi of City and Interstate driving. She made the trip flawlessly, not even one hiccup anywhere along the way.

The car is pretty much ready for DD duty as of right now, but I still wanna do a few more maintenance things, do the Slicktop Conversion, and paint her before I start DD'ing her. Man, I cannot wait though, this driving a small FWD car everyday shit is starting to get to me.

This car will definitely be living on for a very,very long time to come with me, Chris.

Comment

Nice! Good to hear it passed the test.
                    ~David~

Comment

I was really glad it passed the test, as it built up my confidence in the cars reliability quite a bit.

I guess the VSS Signal is not that important to the Manual ECM, because it seems to not be having any effect on the engine or the cars driveability now, even after resetting the ECM many times. I still will swap to an auto ECM eventually, just so it has the exact ECM it needs. For now the car has plenty of power, and has a damn excellent throttle response, plenty of passing power to get past the slow people in traffic. It will fry the tires from a dead stop, and I left around a 150ft long burnout yesterday, on the road out in front of where I live. I'm pretty happy thus far, not sure I'm gonna be able to resist modifying it to go even faster though...

I'm working on a somewhat Custom mod for Big Red right now, and I will have more pics coming soon.

Stay Tuned.

Comment

Custom mod? care to share?
                        ~David~

Comment

nice brandon why did you relocate the soup can I like the cold air intake

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            Custom mod? care to share?
                            Of Course! The update is coming soon, with full details and many pics. I have a Major update for the LTD Showcar Project's thread coming first though.

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                            nice brandon why did you relocate the soup can I like the cold air intake
                            Thanks gabemang. The previous owner Chris, relocated the Soup Can because he thought that it uglyed up the engine bay quite a bit. Being that this car had the Full-Size 8in tall Soup Can, I definitely have to agree, and I am glad that he did so.

Comment

Really nice work mang!!!! I like the CAI too. Have you figured out what to do with the coolant tank/washer fluid reservoir? I'm thinking of using some sort of canister for both and fudge the that washer fluid plug-in somehow.

Packman

Comment

the 90 tc fan shroud will have the rad reservoir built in and out of the way, Zach got a washer tank off a 93 Marquis to make room for the intake.

i also like the idea of using one unit for both, less clutter.
                                Ont And Canada PPL The Cookhouse in Dwight

91 Grand Marq . . . . . . 88 ho wagon (project) . . . . . . 80' Lincoln Mark VI

Comment

Working...
                                X