1987 Crown Vic 2dr "Project 79"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project 79 from the GMGT Homecoming

Here Project 79 from it`s 1st ever meet so enjoy.....
    Attached Files
    2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
    85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
    07 JCL 250 A Scooter
    79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

i love them wheels!

Comment

Car looks SICK!
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I like it. How are you liking those P72 buckets? Greg still swears they're the most comfortable long-distance seat EVER.

I'd still have used different (wider) wheels and tires, but you've seen pics of the embarrassment known as the Rolling Refrigerator. I'd been running some stock wheels on the front for a while (mag lugnuts had gone missing), and I'd forgotten how precisely it handles with the 8.5" turbines. :p

I'd also consider bumper-gaurd delete ... like my '81 ....

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
          Take care of the white overspray in the wheelhouses...
          Hey, that overspray is "factory correct"! :p
          Last edited by 1987cp; 03-16-2009, 10:28 PM.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

And...she embarks on a new beginning.
            Attached Files
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Yes!
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                And...she embarks on a new beginning.

Tom told me that this picture was taken right before the van on top fell down on top of it.

Comment

Who ended up buying it?

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                    Who ended up buying it?

For those of you who might have missed scene 24 (and the two or three threads mentioning who bought the car), and didn't catch the name of the new owner.....

I bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                      Who ended up buying it?
                      Post pics of your car in here, works in progress, etc... Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles only.

You posted in the thread, you dingus!
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                        Tom told me that this picture was taken right before the van on top fell down on top of it.
                        Its insured.

**2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                          http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=41641

You posted in the thread, you dingus!
                          You're right, according to the timestamps, I posted in that thread 40 minutes before asking who'd bought it in this thread.

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                          Its insured.

:lol:

Yeah, states are funny about having liability insurance before giving you a plate, and it's very cheap to add comprehensive coverage on top of that.

Of course, insuring it for its black-book value and its actual replacement value can be very different things ....

Comment

Its not insured like that. Its insured through the transport company.

It won't be registered or insured until the spring.

Comment

Oooh. Interesting, since when my mother in law had a car shipped, I seem to recall her saying the transport company was amazingly anal about everything being current on it for regular road operation. On the other hand, maybe only certain companies were applicable since the project involved ferrying it from Hawaii to California and then trucking to Michigan, and the folks available had funny rules? Ho, hum.
                              Last edited by 1987cp; 11-08-2010, 12:42 PM.

Comment

The car is still insured and registered. I just took the plate off it
                                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                                X