X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey any updates??? 4BBL swap??
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Moving and lack of funds has it somewhat on the back burner. My current target is on the road with 4bbl swap, completed/improved exhaust, and some other detail things in late june.

I've also been meaning to post in one of the threads from when you were first sussing out the exhaust:
      I think I tracked down my high RPM miss to a bad distributor cap. Not for sure, but I swapped it out and it didn't buck or miss noticeably the 2-3 more times I drove it after that. Then the gas tank puked it's guts and she went into hibernation.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

did you get a new fuel tank? i found another wrecking yard thats smaller, but they keep the fuel tanks with the cars. when i was there in beggining of march, there was a mint '86 country squire(blue on blue) with nice undercoated fuel tank. not many box cars but lots of aeros and whales.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Glad you found the source of your miss! I understand with the lack of funds and time..haha
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
            did you get a new fuel tank? i found another wrecking yard thats smaller, but they keep the fuel tanks with the cars. when i was there in beggining of march, there was a mint '86 country squire(blue on blue) with nice undercoated fuel tank. not many box cars but lots of aeros and whales.
            Nah I'm going the coated original route. I found a place that'll do it for like 100 including removal and installation. Given the crappyness of trying to do it in the driveway, I'll take it. I won't address the gas tank until after everything but perhaps the over-axle exhaust is done and the insurance is switched from the Prius to the Vic.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
              ...after the insurance is switched from the Prius to the Vic.
              Liability coverage on each car?
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                Liability coverage on each car?
                any insurance is over 200 dollars a month, per car. The second car actually costs more, for complex legal reasons. There's just no way I could have both cars road legal for under 550 or so a month.

Comment

any insurance is over 200 dollars a month, per car. The second car actually costs more, for complex legal reasons. There's just no way I could have both cars road legal for under 550 or so a month.

Plz forgive my lack of memory. Why can't you get classic plates for the CV? You have a DD Prius right?

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                    Plz forgive my lack of memory. Why can't you get classic plates for the CV? You have a DD Prius right?

Packman
                    Classic plates cannot be daily driven, driven to work, etc, and you get into issues with the catch-22 of regular insurance companies being reluctant to cover classics and classic companies flatly refusing to have anyone under 25 on a policy. Even if I managed to get a classic-plated car on a policy with a regular insurer with tight but reasonable mileage restrictions I wouldn't save much money.

Comment

Classic plates cannot be daily driven, driven to work, etc, and you get into issues with the catch-22 of regular insurance companies being reluctant to cover classics and classic companies flatly refusing to have anyone under 25 on a policy. Even if I managed to get a classic-plated car on a policy with a regular insurer with tight but reasonable mileage restrictions I wouldn't save much money.
                      The under 25 part is (would have been for me............a long long time ago) a killer. I guess you drive the DD Prius in crap weather and DD the CV in decent weather? I wish I had followed a friend's advice and parked my malibu when I was younger. I just realized a few years ago how many headaches I woulda saved if I had a dedicated DD and a weekend toy.

Packman

Comment

i pay around $100/ car with state farm. having classic plates is a waste of time in this province. its basically only good for trailer queen stuff. they shove a ton of restrictions up your ass.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Ouch...
                          -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                            The under 25 part is (would have been for me............a long long time ago) a killer. I guess you drive the DD Prius in crap weather and DD the CV in decent weather? I wish I had followed a friend's advice and parked my malibu when I was younger. I just realized a few years ago how many headaches I woulda saved if I had a dedicated DD and a weekend toy.

Packman
                            Yeah that'd be the ideal, giving the prius the boring, long, stop and go, bad weather, etc. drives and the vic the going out with friends or sunday drive or what have you. It's just not justifiable financially right now, or even do-able. So I just save the vic from the salt for now. I've looked at it from every angle imaginable, my situation just won't reasonably jive with two cars insured at the same time. I'll basically put the Vic on the road when I'm done with spring projects for it.

Comment

Virtually no progress on this car lately, but I did get a video of the leaky, tappety goodness.

Comment

Nice!!! Refreshing to hear in the morning at work. I wish my alarm clock sounded like that

Packman

Comment

Working...
                                X