Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

way to ruin my good time.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

what is a hockey puck?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

In this context ('cause if you don't know the other meaning of hockey puck I wouldn't admit it, they'll deport your ass even if you were born here) I'm talking about a secondary vacuum reservoir that was mounted up on the firewall. I don't recall the exact plumbing setup, but it provided additional vacuum for all of the EGR and thermactor stuff.
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

oh yeah, HO throttle body and modded lopo EGR spacer are on there, looking good. The difference is not huge but it's a difference all the same. I attempted to install the upper intake but the fucking #20 torx bolts on the plenum are completely rounded out and I can't get to the sweet sweet brai...er, intake bolts. The old ones were off and I had the new throttle body and EGR all ready to go, so I figured why not install 'em and see if they help at all.

Tomorrow if it's decent outside I'll probably break out the grinder and mangle the heads of the t20 bolts until they're useless and break. that plenum cover won't be reused so a few gashes won't hurt it. I tried using a bigger torx bit and hammering it in to the bolts but no dice.

edit: when I installed the new TV cable I test drove it around the block to see how it was adjusted because I knew I had adjusted it as practice before I gave them (the JY) the '88 parts car I never drove it because it didn't run so I couldn't test it out. Installed on my 1990 way too early so I set it to mid TV pressure and now it's a thing of beauty. I guess my old cable (the one that I had to replace) was a tiny bit loose because now, adjusted properly, it's not bogging at all and doesn't shift until it should. No more 1200 rpm in overdrive
          Last edited by 1990LTD; 10-13-2010, 01:08 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
            ...and the MAP sensor, and the EVAP system
            And the climate control, and the parking brake release.
            Originally posted by gadget73
            There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
            91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
            93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
            Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
            Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
            95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

I wasn't including non underhood stuff
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                way to ruin my good time.
                sigpic

Comment

just smash the cover if you dont want to keep it.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I thought about using it instead of the one that'll read upside down (unless you're standing inside the firewall) but i'll find an 86 ho nameplate some day. hopefully. i'll probably still paint it purple though

I should probably get new throttle body to plenum bolts. Does anyone know what size etc they happen to be? I know they're threaded on each end but not in the middle. One of them came out when I did the tb/egr swap so I guess I could take that to the hardware store but I'd kind of like to drive there to get it heh

did you reuse the upper to lower manifold bolts when you did yours?
                    sigpic

Comment

Are your bolts damaged? If not, I know of no reason not to reuse them unless you just like new bolts or have a need to upgrade to ARP stainless. Or something.
                      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Yeah I reused them until I added my intake plenum spacer. I also reused the bolts from the stock intake--egr spacer--tb. Just took a vice grip to them and turned them out.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                          Are your bolts damaged? If not, I know of no reason not to reuse them unless you just like new bolts or have a need to upgrade to ARP stainless. Or something.

Well the throttle body bolts aren't in great condition, mostly just rusty. I haven't had the plenum off yet so I don't know what kind of shape those 6 are in.
                          Last edited by 1990LTD; 10-14-2010, 11:11 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

working barely any hours also seems to give me a shitload of time to work on the car. Just reinstalled my (purple) horn and (purple) horn bracket and re-did the wiring. Tore out the rest of the old alternator wiring harness, as well...it's a lot cleaner. Next stop: passenger fender...yuck

Why can't I find a mega fuse holder easily? I need one for the 175a in my charging system.....anybody got one they're not using?
                            Last edited by 1990LTD; 10-14-2010, 11:14 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

You can always hook a mega-fuse inline with an extra nut and bolt like I did.
                              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                                You can always hook a mega-fuse inline with an extra nut and bolt like I did.

Yeah, originally I had the fuse attached direct to the fender solenoid but since I couldn't find a fuse holder I stuck it inline between the alt and solenoid. Works just fine...to keep the exposed metal from accidentally grounding I zip tied it in place and put a small wrap of electrical tape over the protruding end of the bolts. It's not how I want it to stay, but it'll work until I get a fuse holder and tidy up the wiring on that fender
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X