No announcement yet.

My '90 LTD Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grand marquis dashboard/instrument cluster installed! good times. I got everything I needed from the parts car except the A pillar from for 91grandmarquis It was broken
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Pics!!
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

makes we want to go harvesting, but it's so darn muddy

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

the guy is basically only using the motor/trans, seats, speakers, and firewall from the car. he said whatever is leftover i can have. i got a multifunction switch

also, my car now magically has 70,000 km less than it did this morning
          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

the parts car was also identical in color to mine...the only other one i've ever seen, same with the guy that owns it. interior color identical. it was pretty interesting to have them side by side to compare....some of the rear chrome trim on my car is hard plastic on his, and there are a few pieces of chrome on his where it's just nothing on my car. weird.
            sigpic

Comment

About swapping the odometer, its not really good for records, Unless you don't care. Im not trying to be a dick or anything just my two cents.
              "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Yeah, I plan on getting new gears and shit for it. Thaw all you need, right?
                sigpic

Comment

Gears for the odometer? You don't need those really unless they are worn.
                  "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                  1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I thought you needed em to change the odo reading for some reason....can you change the reading?
                    sigpic

Comment

Did you swap an entire gauge cluster out? If so the odometer can be removed from the old one and placed in the new one. Thus reading the same. To change the reading you can take it apart and roll it back, but that is more work than swapping the old one in from the previous cluster. If that is what you did. If you're changing rear end gears you simply need to get a different speed sensor gear for it and the speedo to read correctly. Just a little confused on what you did is all.

Never mind I see you put a GM speedo in, so just swap odometers and you will be set.
                      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Epic fail on my part. Thought i read somewhere that it couldn't be done like that..... Thanks man
                        sigpic

Comment

Nope you can, just like 3 bolts. Just don't over tighten them they just thread into plastic.
                          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Awesome.

Also, rain guards are in. Didn't work because I tried putting them where they were jammed on the junk car.
                            sigpic

Comment

sorry for the pic quality, my phone only has two puny mexapixels.

one of the pics shows the only gripe i have with the rain gaurds...it sticks out a little bit at the end. the thing must be bent or something because you hold it in place and the metal guard straightens out and looks normal. I don't really care, but yeah, you can see the holes for the posts that hold them in but I don't even havemounting location on my car for the posts.

Attached Files
                              sigpic

Comment

Nice! I liked Grand Marquis' woodgrains.
                                1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                                1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                                1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                                1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Working...
                                X