X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    Its about time
    This

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Awesome.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
        It's alive.
        It's tagged.
        It's registered.

Oh,
        I drove it to work this morning.

I also put almost 100 miles it last night.
        It feels weird to be this close to the ground, going so fast!!

-ryan s.
        shifts properly, I assume. I didnt get any phone calls or text messages complaining about it, so I will assume it shifts to your liking. Also, update the post on MM.net, please.
        2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
        89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
        88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Time for a story

It's story time.
          I never updated this thread because I was very upset the time, and that I wanted to see how things played out. I wasn't going to be the internet troll and come in here, guns blazing, and bashing people. I wanted to handle the issue like adults, and we did.

Let's turn the calendar back several months, to August 6th, 2016. Ironically, Eric was the last one who posted on this thread, and it was mere hours before the incident.

I had just put the Marauder on the road two days before this. It had been five years since I drove my car. It's been a long time coming. I could not wait to drive it. I had already put almost 100 miles on it the first day. Eric, (88grandmarq) had built me an upgraded transmission with all the good stuff inside. Ask him for more details or for a built one for you.
          It was a Saturday evening. Both my boys were at my parents house. I just got home from work and had dinner. I decided to go for a cruise along the lake. My wife said to "just pick me up a Snickers with almonds before you come home". No big deal. I decided to pick it up first, so that I didn't have to worry about where my travels took me. I headed into town, cruising along about 60 mph. It drops from 55 to 30 as you approach the town, so I let off the gas and let it roll down to 30ish. There's one traffic light in town. One.
          I stopped at the light. No issues. Light turns green. Vrooom. Doesn't move. Vrooooooom. ?
          Shift it to 2nd. Vrroooooomm.
          Shift to 1st. Vrooooom.
          Shift to reverse. Engages as goes backwards.
          Shift into Drive. Vrooooom. No movement. None.
          I revved it a bit and it barely started going forward. I managed to get it to turn, and park on the side of the road next to the gas station.
          At this point I'm upset. I check the fluid level. Good and clean. No CEL or Trans light. No forward gears. Only reverse.
          I texted Eric from the side of the road saying "we have an issue".
          Now I'm 5 miles from home, with a car that only has reverse. I have the trunk and hood open, and I'm trying to think of what to do, because my truck is 5 miles away, and my wife cannot drive.
          My wife also says I have the best worst luck.
          Case in point:
          I'm standing outside my car, looking at it, thinking of what to do. My buddy Rob pulls out of the drive through, and asks what's up. Rob owns a 2016 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel. It's a badass truck. He calls his buddy. I hop in. We drive around the corner to his buddies place and pick up a tow dolly.
          We tried to get the Marauder on the tow dolly. It wasn't working. Well, I mean, the car won't go forward, so driving it on it out of the question. We tried pushing it, and couldn't get it.
          Then I put the car in park, and he backed the trailer up. Sure as shit, the Marauder went up onto the trailer. But the reason that it wasn't going on before was that the bumper was caught on the shackles that held the tire slings on. Even though I got the car home, I now have 2 gouges in the front clip. Whatever. I'll deal with it.
          So fast forward to now.
          Eric and I have been talking back and forth. He initially thought that it might have been the new direct drive drum, since it was a newly introduced part. Eric said he would rebuilt it for me, free of cost. We made an agreement. He was coming up to Scotts to drop off a transmission or two (I think). In return, I had to remove my transmission and drop it off at Scotts. I pass through there a lot, because my in-laws live not far from there.
          Last Friday night, I removed the transmission is less than 2 hours. I drove down and back on Saturday (in the TOJ3), since that was the only free day I had, and that Eric was going to be there on Sunday.
          He went though the transmission and came to the conclusion that the forward clutches were burned up. That has been repaired.
          I picked up the unit yesterday, and now it awaits installation.

Hopefully, I can have it installed in the next few weeks and can start driving it again. Which will be a huge relief. And much anticipated fun.

On that note, look for more updates here soon! I might even get into it this evening!

Thanks Eric, for dealing with this the adult way, and making things right.

-ryan s.
          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
          Originally posted by pantera77
          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Glad it worked out okay. Stuff happens especially with things as complex as automatic transmissions. Had to rebuild the 4L60e in the wife's S10 because of a one cursed check ball that was left out the first time.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Eric has always been about doing what's right.
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Must not have sacrificed the proper number of chickens or something. Thats why that fluid is red you know. Its nothing to do with lubrication, its the chicken blood required for the voodoo dance that makes those things actually work.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Automatics ARE pure voodoo. It's a fucking wonder any of them work. This is why I won't mess with them and let others do that shit.

Comment

At least it's up and ready to go in time for summer

Looking forward to more updates

George
                    1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

The transmission is bolted in. I still need to install the cross-member, and hook everything up.
                      But I got the fucking thing in last night.
                      I should be finishing it up tonight, and laying rubber tomorrow.

-ryan s.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Hope its all sunshine and rainbows this time around.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          Hope its all sunshine and rainbows this time around.
                          It's got more than 2 forward gears.

Comment

It's broken.
                            I might be able to drive it.

Next year.

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

what the ever living hell?!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

"?
                                03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Working...
                                X