SVT98t's 2003 Mercury Marauder **DUW**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
    So this winter, i'm lifting the body off, and doing a frame resto. Sand blasting, powdercoating, POR15, and LINE-X will be running rampant.
    And i'll probably be powdercoating everything black and red.

-ryan s.
    I really want to do that this winter too, just need another car ::starts scouring craigslist again::
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Well, you could bring it up here to be done.
      Just saying.

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Just saying.

-ryan s.
        I want to see this place. It sounds like the best place ever.

Also, hot weather is hot. Wagon + no a/c + sitting in traffic at south GI bridge = no bueno.
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I think its supposed to rain tomorow

so whats up with the beetle? Im guessing its the red one that never moves?

Comment

The GI construction is well north of retarded. I got caught in that once and fled.
            I was having flashbacks to my days in DC.....

Best place?
            -40' x 70'
            -insulated
            -heated
            -220v
            -water
            -office
            -pooper
            -smoof concrete floors
            -70' x 100' fenced in yard
            -yes please.

The beetle restored over the next year or two. Believe it or not, it still has the original motor. So, the next beetle will get the WRX STI drive train in it.

-ryan s.
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

The GI construction is well north of retarded. I got caught in that once and fled.
              Well, when you live on the island, it's kind of hard to avoid. At least by the time I hit it ~7:30pm it's not that bad.
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I'm finally making it to cruise night this week. In the Marauder. It's my buddies last week up here before he has to go to Texas for 3 months. Look for:
                -Marauder
                -Blue 73 Mustang Convertible
                -Silver BMW Z4 M roadster
                -Black Trans-AM

word.

let the drag racing commence.

-ryan s.

(and pics and vids)
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

When is this thing going to be making boost?
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

eh, late august at this point. Opening up the shop seems to be the bigger priority.

-ryan s.
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

wtf, it has rust already? Its only 7 years old, that shouldn't happen. Do they no longer undercoat those things from the factory? Must be that silly notion that cars aren't supposed to leak fluids. The frame on my car isn't rusty, but the original motor puked so much oil that I'm not surprised at that.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

There's just a little too much rust for my liking. And it turned 8 in April. But I'm ready to do this the way i want.

-ryan s.
                        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Just saying.

-ryan s.
                          when the time comes I might have to take you up on that.
                          Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                          New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

It would be a good time. Sandblasting, powdercoating, and rubberized undercoating with the 2 post lift, all under the same roof!

Maybe next spring/summer. Like an extended weekend and such. With beer, wings, and pizza.

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Washed it yesterday. Got it ready for cruise night tonight. And took some pics. I'll post them when i get home today.
                              But it sounds like i have a water pump going down. Time for the electric one!!

-ryan s.
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

I might go tonight, but I don't get off work till 7 so I probably won't be there till 8:30ish.

Comment

Working...
                                X