No announcement yet.

SVT98t's 2003 Mercury Marauder **DUW**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah. Depending how much too high, foaming could explain it.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Truth.
      Tomorrow is going to be record highs. So I might as well take advantage of it and go play in the Marauder before I put it away for 6-7 months.Yea.

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

I can found ze problem......

So, I dropped the pan on the Marauder today.And I removed the valve body just to make sure everything was good.
        NOT!!
        So, I put the valve body into the pan and bring it out from under the car for further inspection.
        I find the gasket that goes around the trapezoidal mesh filter-piece-thing is all blown out. It's part of the giant one- piece gasket that goes on the separator plate between the plate and the bottom of the transmission.
        I did not take pics of that because my hands were coated in $$ transmission fluid $$.
        But, after explaining to my dad about how the J-mod works, and how certain things function, I ripped off part of the gasket to show him the passages that are modified.
        Well, look what I found:

That doesn't look to straight, right?

Another angle:

It looks like it was struck with a ball peen hammer!! WTF!!!!!

But, fear not GMNers, for I have a solution. I am cleaning up my spare separator plate, and will have this rectified in no time. I already have a new set of gaskets too.

***In other Marauder-related news***

I took the valve body off the original transmission that was in the shed. After further review, I found that one of my shift actuator-things had actually broken and come free, thus creating all the lovely metal that I found in the bottom of the pan.

-ryan s.
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

At least you found the problem now and not in 6-7 mos when the first nice weekend arrives. I hope you fix that soon and get her back on the road.

Packman

Comment

Shit..I hope you get this guy going again Ryan.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

yeah a wonk in the sealing surface would make it a non-sealing surface fairly effectively.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Is "wonk" a technical term??? I LOVE it!! Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

yeppers... just like "the brain" for anything that controls something else.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

So, I'm going to fix this lingering problem on Thursday. This could end up being one of the most expensive J-mods ever.
                    The one I did on the Tank cost like $14.
                    But, against my better judgement and popular demand, I will fix this on Thursday and install the J-Mod. Because dammt, I started this stupid thing, I might as well finish it. Fuck.
                    So, Thursday, fix, and then it's going to the bat cave at an undisclosed location for winter sleep.
                    Wish me luck!

-ryan s.
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Ok, so I finally got around to fixing the Marauder last night. I found out what caused that dent. There is a filter screen that is recessed into the transmission case, for the pump. It came out and I reinstalled it upside-down. I never saw the correct orientation of it until I saw that is was stuck in the case. I ripped apart my other transmission and found that I put it in upside-down.
                      With the way that it goes in, I didn't think that it would go in the way it's supposed to.
                      It's complicated....
                      But, it does go like a dirty SOB. Shifts are clean and crisp. Just like I wanted.
                      I have all gears; forward and reverse.
                      I did have a problem after I level checked it and drove it around for a bit.
                      Fluid level was too high. I did put 2 Quarts of Royal Purple back in it.
                      So, I just need to drain a little bit out of it. That's all.
                      It gets tricky with that deep transmission pan.
                      Ok. Bye.

-ryan s.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Yay. I felt bad for you at SF when things went to hell.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          Yay. I felt bad for you at SF when things went to hell.
                          This!

glad yours is all betters. Now for mine to get all betters.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

So, now, there's issues.
                            -batt is draaaaaaained. Car shuts off at WOT.
                            -error code P1428? Low speed fan control module

And my favie:
                            -P1728 trans slip error.
                            Needs new TCC and shift solenoids. Driving along and everything is fine. Then it takes a long time to shift into third. And when it did, the car drifted sideways. It was a bit wet out last night.
                            So, I'm going to order those two parts and go from there.
                            And if it doesn't work, i'm ripping out that trans and rebuilding it.

-ryan s.

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

bah.

that is all... just bah.

Comment

well, the alternator shuts off on those at WOT, so if the batt is bad, you'll lose power when the alternator switches.

Comment

Working...
                                X