No announcement yet.

SVT98t's 2003 Mercury Marauder **DUW**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No kidding? Wow, and I thought my old man's '93 Buick Roadmaster was strange for switching off the A/C and climate control at WOT...
    1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Its part of the tune to shut off the alternator at WOT, because it's clutched.

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
        No kidding? Wow, and I thought my old man's '93 Buick Roadmaster was strange for switching off the A/C and climate control at WOT...
        Nearly everything switches the a/c compressor off at WOT.
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Do you smell that? It's a spare set of C-heads that I got.
          Game on.

-ryan s.
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Installed the new torque converter clutch solenoid and the new solenoid shift packs and I still don't have third gear.
            So, I can either rebuild one of the transmissions I have lying around, or install a cheap one from my buddies yard, just so I can drive it.
            Decisions, decisions.
            Oh well.
            And so, it sits.

-ryan s.
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

No third gear = bad direct drive drum/clutch.
              So, tomorrow, I'm going to pick up my spare transmission that has the burnt up over drive band and start tearing into that so I can get this thing going.
              If I drove it this year, it would be epic.
              It may need a new torque converter as well. I have to have it tested first. But I would really like to not have to replace that.
              I did find out the cause of the original converter failure: plastic parts in the bearings.
              Plastic.
              In the later 03 and 04 models, they used the metal Torrington bearing, so that didn't have the issue.
              F.
              But I'll take pics of ze disassembly and such.

-ryan s.
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Annual State of the Marauder Address

It really hasn't moved since July. Ending mileage of 57,926 with a year total of like 9. Maybe.
                Sigh.
                Rebuild the transmission. Make it go forward using all 4 gears. Go from there.
                I'll say I'd like to have it supercharged by SF13, but that is a long shot for now.
                Only time will tell.

-ryan s.
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Pulled it out and started it. The drivers side HID bulb or ballast is failing. It started flickering like crazy, then quit. It's time to get another kit. F-it.
                  Atleast I still have that pair od SilverStar Ultras laying around.

-ryan s.
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Are those leaves down around the windshield? lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

What a Beauty!!! The eyelids are awesome, I totally like them, makes the car look like a kitten and I bet it purrrrrrs like one too, but watch out when those claws come out.... I can smell the burnt rubber already. A lioness in disguise!
                      1995 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series: "Albert" my daily driver
                      1988 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series: "Don Vito Corleone" my Summer Cruise
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      2004 Grand Marquis LS: "The Boss" with floor shifter (loved it) - R.I.P.
                      1997 Crown Victoria: "Victoria, the Armadillo" R.I.P.
                      2003 Lincoln Town Car: "Nikkatello" - R.I.P. (Miss you the most)
                      1995 Grand Marquis: "Gustavo Gonzales, the dirty Mexican" - R.I.P.

Comment

Ho hum....

Just ordered:
                        -I/C Pump pigtail
                        -IAT2 pigtail
                        -New Alternator pulley
                        -New tensioner
                        -Cobra coolant tube, with associated hardware

Next week: Fuel pump and EvenFlow Gen2 cooling mod.

-ryan s.
                        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

get that trans fixed yet?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Nope.
                            But I was thinking.... I replaced the separator plate, valve body, torque converter clutch and shift solenoids and still no third gear.
                            All the fluid looks good and if the direct drive drum/clutches were toast, there would be dark fluid and crap in the bottom of the pan.
                            When I get home, I'm gonna change out the 2-3 accumulator piston and springs and take a look around. If the accumulator is borkt, then I may win.
                            If this doesn't fix it, I'm buying a built transmission. My curious side wants to take a stab at it first.

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

good luck. hope it's just a borked accumulator.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Just ordered an Aeromotive fuel pump. Wooo!!

-ryan s.
                                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
                                X