No announcement yet.

My '91 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How was the installation of those rockers?
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      Impressive. Was anything rubbing while parked like that?
      Nope
      Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
      How was the installation of those rockers?
      There just kinda sittin there.

So I finally began work on my engine. Last week I completely stripped it down to a bare block. Much to my surprise, everything was in pretty good shape. Bearings all looked normal, and nothing was broken at all. After that, it went into this beast oven where it cooked at 680* for a while to burn all the shit out. Today it went into the sweet rotisserie thing where it rolls around and gets pelted with little balls. Now it looks brandy new again.

Chillin in the oven:

Mmmm roasted small block:

The sweet rotisserie of death:

So clean!
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

So I've been doing some more work on my engine. Went through and chased every threaded hole in the block, and cleaned all the passages. Also drilled out a broken water pump bolt, and discovered another one had a heli-coil in it. Next we went and cleaned the whole block with some long steel brushes and again went through every hole. Then a few rinses with some soapy water, then we did it all over again. Have to get all the little steel balls out from the bead blaster/rotisserie/sweet thing. Also went through and measured each cylinder bore, and surprisingly they were all in spec. The one cylinder unfortunately has a large chunk of rust and pitting in it from water sitting in it though, so since I can bore it for free, I'm going to go ahead and go .030 over.

Back on the engine stand after a nice cleaning:

I also finished modding this aftermarket 65mm mustang egr spacer I had lying around. Should work perfect with my explorer tb and intakes. It's not pretty, but free and effective.

Also cleaned up my new 4-hole skinny 19lbs injectors. They look good for being free.
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Sweet! And free is sweeter

Pete
          Originally posted by gadget73
          For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
          1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
          1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Sounds like it is coming along nicely!
            "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Your block had tons of balls on it. huh huh...uuhhhhhhhhhh balls.

looks sweet mang! .030 over? awesome!!!

Dude, i am soooo ready for Lancaster.
              Tank Vs Cow.

Schweet!
              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
              Originally posted by pantera77
              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Cow lol
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Well my poor 91 has just been sitting on the side of the barn for the last month or so. First, the rotted out oil pan started leaking worse and worse until it began to really start marking it's territory. And the poor thing never ran quite right after it's ill-fated e7 head swap. Then the starter went and I finally gave up. I'm hoping to get at least my short block fished once I go back to school, but at the rate we work it will take months. I'm really tempted to just throw the local yard $150 and get myself a complete explorer engine. It's just going to be my winter beater now so I really don't care if it gets a 150k exploder engine instead of a brand new one.

Anyways, I decided to wash the poor girl as she was looking terrible.

Ukk

That's somewhat better.

Comment

Buy jy engine for the 91 and put new engine in knocking wagon.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

+100
                      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Actually, the wagon's been doing great lately. It doesn't knock at all now even when stone cold. I don't know if it's the warmer weather, or if that lucas actually did do something or what but it's been doing great. Has a little piston slap until it warms up but that doesn't bother me.

I think I'll go to the jy next weekend and see if there's any totaled exploders.

Comment

i was just there yesterday and there were totalled exploders and mountaineers, but they were either C4C'd, or no heads and stuff.
                          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                          Originally posted by pantera77
                          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                            i was just there yesterday and there were totalled exploders and mountaineers, but they were either C4C'd, or no heads and stuff.
                            They still have CFC cars? Man their slow.

Comment

they're even /grammer nazi

CFC? aerosol car? car in a can?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Cash
                                For
                                Clunker

Comment

Working...
                                X