Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is one sexy bitch....

Comment

Damn, those Bullitts look nice!!! I found a code 5 rear in central NJ, but I'm still going to look around for a code E or the hard-to-find K code rear. If I'm unsuccessful, I will get the code 5 rear and install a Trak-Lok on it and be done with it.

Packman

Comment

Thanks guys! I really like the new look. glad all of you do too!

I think next will be chrome strips on the tails like LTDmasta has. adds a little something to it. chrome exhaust tips come spring when i redo the mustangs. otherwise not sure what else.

Comment

seeing as its been a month and a half, heres the updates-

-Bullitts are off, now sporting mismatched whitewall fronts/snowtire rears on crusty steelies. i think they added 10 years to the car.
          -attempting to wire up the new driving lights
          -Took a hit on the rear pass. bumper. 5 6" long scrapes in the chrome. sob!

lastly, column shifter is bugging me, and i miss my clutch. looking into whats involved in a T-5 swap.

Comment

I can help you with info regarding the 5 speed swap. I spent many many hours studying the procedure and asking many questions surrounding the process. I think I cam qualified to assist with anything you are unsure about. All of my information will be based off of what I saw accomplished and what I as told by those who completed the swap.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

seems to be semi-straightforward. some inconsistancies- driveshaft, master cylinder.

one thing im trying to understand is setting up the clutch/brake assembly

Comment

That is the easy part.

Get your donor pedal assembly and remove your pedal assembly. Shave the pivot tube weld off of the donor assembly to free the clutch pedal pivot tube shaft. Go inside your car and just mach up your pedal assembly while holding the clutch quadrant. Move the quadrant around next to your pedal assembly. Once you like the area you have picked (meaning the quadrant clears as many things as it is gonna clear) take it out drill through your pedal assembly, insert the pivot shaft you freed from the donor and weld it in. Done.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I swear by that 3m imperial hand glaze, take it to new paint and its hard to tell while youre doing it, but after you step back and realize the new depth the clear has, youre amazed. Its great stuff.
                  "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                  1985 GMC 1500

Comment

yeah, i was amazed!

I had my uncle believing the car had 5300 miles on it the other day- the PO just put it away because his wife dinged up the passenger side!

Comment

I am very envious of your car always wanted that model. Would you sell those hubcaps? . . . .Please

Comment

Working...
                      X