No announcement yet.

"Vicky"-1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One sub in a rear facing enclosure, with a wood plank in front of the sub about 4-6 inches away will give you tight bass and it will hit really hard. In my opinion two subs sounds sloppy and not good for drums and such, however it is all musical taste. 8 inches is a very appropriate size for a car stereo. My 8 inch shakes all the mirrors in my car.
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Another alternative is just a 4 channel amp to boost the levels of all the speakers. My entire car rattles with the volume just at 15 and I have the amp adjusted where there is no distortion at any level. I dont even have a sub anymore and it sounds better with just my speakers.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
        those are rear facing, not up through the deck
        I bet that would hit harder and louder if the amp was mounted somewhere else and that square hole was left open
        cerwin vegas are good subs
        I bet cheaper subs in 10 or 12 would hit harder and louder
        x2 on using liquid nails
        that setup takes up a good amount of space for 2 8's, you could do a single sub with half the room and it would be louder
        I see alot of unnecessary weight in that setup- something to think about if you are looking for engine performance also

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          Another alternative is just a 4 channel amp to boost the levels of all the speakers. My entire car rattles with the volume just at 15 and I have the amp adjusted where there is no distortion at any level. I dont even have a sub anymore and it sounds better with just my speakers.
          I was kinda hoping to do something like this but wasn't sure how it would sound. Maybe its just because it's unamplified,but the bass currently sounds like shit at high levels.
          Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
          New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

IT IS OFFICIAL!!!!!!! 1300 dollars later, I have a set of 17x8 wheels, along with tires, center caps, valve stems, and lugs coming. The only bad thing is, they are backordered, which means most likely they will not be here until about the middle of may, whihc means they won"t be here for prom . Oh well, I can only hope they get a earlier shipment. I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
            New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Congrats!
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

here is a link to the wheels:

I got the 17x8 Gunmetal Grey Wheels. A photochop that I did showed the grey really offsets the blue paint.

Comment

those wheels will look badass.

Also, they'll clear a big brake swap...

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

thanks! Im hoping to get the big brake swap done this summer, but I would have to find another set of winter wheels, or another car to drive in the winter time (hoping I can find a good beater). If not, Im going for HPP wheels

It's actually going to be warm this weekend. I'll probably get the clears painted either tomorrow or Friday, and I'm planning on a trip to the yard sometime next week with school being out. Im so glad winter is over lol.

Comment

YAY PICS!!!!!

I took a picture of the mock up on the front end, along with a standalone pic with the grille and headlight bezels together.

And a pic of my separated clears...which will hopefully be black today!

I am just thankful that murphmobile has a very in depth cardomain...speaking of which, I should probably update mine soon.

Comment

I was wondering what the hell you did until I realized that the lenses weren't installed.

Looking good.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

ooh the uber rare 78 and 3/4 invisible lenses

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                            ooh the uber rare 78 and 3/4 invisible lenses
                            YEAH!!! I was so excited, you would not believe how long it took me to find those. It's like there are no lenses at all!

Comment

Wow! Super drool lol Looks amazing!
                              ~David~

Comment

But wait...theres more!

the backs of the turn signals are now black! I need another set of amber corners so I can steal the back off of one and the top section of the other to replace parts for the clears (runs to the for sale forum). I also washed the clear lenses with soap and water, and they are SHINY! Im going to hit them with some headlight renewal polish and tomorrow, some of them will be ready to go back together.

PS And for the record....Bath and Body Works Hand Soap really works nicely on car parts (thank you little sister lol)

Comment

Working...
                                X