No announcement yet.

"Vicky"-1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also, while looking at that front end pic again....I really need stripless bumpers lol
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

I love Spring break...you get so much done lol

This is as far as I can go with the turn signals until I come up with a set of ambers to use for parts. But they are glued back together now!

And you can't really tell from the pic, but no matter how long I polished this one corner, it still would not lose its fading. Beggers can't be choosers, but Im going to work on it some more.

I was hoping to put my cold air intake back on today (no matter how ricerish I may think it is), but that didn't happen. That will give me something to do tomorrow.
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

The driver's side corner of the car is now officially finished. I don't know about you guys, but I think that looks pretty Badass.

I also put my cold air intake on, I'm not to fond of it, but it works until I get the money for the new inner fender and the whale intake. I'm beginning to wonder why I chose that over the K&N filter a couple years ago lol.

Comment

Looks good to me.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Ok, massive update coming lol

I washed and waxed the car, just needed a recent overall pic of it up.

And now for the bad part, all of the distance pictures give the appearance its a virtually rust free car, but I figured I would give a close up of just how mUch rust I'm dealing with. Last winter was not good to it, I need another DD

And now for the good and exciting part! I got a gauge panel from an 88-89 CV police car. I also got a headlight relay kit (credit is given below)

Empty Gauge Pod

Gauges Installed (no Dave, I did not over tighten them lol)

And the headlight relay stuff

I need to give huge props to Dave (87gtVIC) for supplying me with the parts. The relay kit he gave me free (which he really didn't have to), and offered the gauge panel at a cheap price. He even spent the time meticulously restoring it before he sent it to me.

Dave, You Da Mang! :headbang:

Comment

Im : fucker2: those gauges.
              "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

The gauges look pimpin.

Get on that rust. Some of it will be pretty easy to make right, but the bigger you let those holes get, the harder it is to make the repair look decent when you get to it.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Hey looking good mang. Those rust pics make me sad though and make sure to not ove.........

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
                  (no Dave, I did not over tighten them lol)
                  ......oh I see you got that covered. Looking forward to see you hacking up the dash to make that stuff fit those gauges look great in there.

And... LOL

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Not bad at all. To bad about the rust, but a little bit of work will fix that.

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
                    351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
                    duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys!! Im hoping to find a couple rust free fenders somewhere (there are plenty of panthers at my nearest u-pull), but Im going to have to make patch panels for the others, as I do not have the accessibility to a good parts car, or the tools to get them off of a car in the yard. I'm terrified to find out whats under all of the trim :hairraise:, as that's coming off eventually.

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post

Comment

Who cares about a little rust? Car looks fine .. not to mention rust is lighter then steel , make your car a little bit faster. Don't think of it as a burden, think of it as performance orientated weight savings.
                        79 Grand Marquis

Comment

i've spotted a couple nice cfc grand marquis with decent fenders on them......just sold a pair to gabe......get on that rust, or at least get some rust encapsulator and soak the area good till you can get the money to fix it.......only way to fix those areas right is to cut out all the rust and weld new metal in.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Yeah get on that rust before it becomes out of control. That car is definately worth saving as it is now.
                            "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I can't see the pictures because of the firewall at my work... but I'll check them when I get home.

But I believe the bezel you have was the one that I sold to Dave. It came out of an '89 car which had the gauges from the factory; it had the pre-cut insert (which I still have), and the dash was 'pocketed' behind the gauges. The car also had the rare velour police buckets.

Just a little background, for you.

I still have the gauges (but the senders themselves were either used elsewhere, or lost). If you ever have a need for them, let me know.
                              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I just ordered an <87 down gauge panel. I'm going to end up selling the other one for the same price i paid for it, so be on the lookout.

I'm also going to sell the gauges that come along with it, plus the one set I currently have (if someone can take the time to find the senders, be my guest. i give up).

I'll probably go with these:
                                GlowShift Black 7 Color Series Gauges for Cars and Trucks Feature a Black Gauge Dial, Magnified Clear Lens and 7 LED Color Options for the Analog Display.

And to make my day better, I just found out I got a 30 on the ACT.

Comment

Working...
                                X