No announcement yet.

"Vicky"-1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are all officially here. Now it just needs to warm up so I can get everything resprayed and installed.
    Attached Files
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Sveet!!! I'm waiting for the warmer weather as well, so I can start working on the CV again.

Packman

Comment

Good thing you have the cat guarding those.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          Good thing you have the cat guarding those.
          well I auditioned both of our cats, but shes the one who kicked the guy cat's ass, so I figured she would be the one best suited to do so.

Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
          New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

I am currently involved in a discussion regarding when I get the go ahead on ordering a shiny set of 17x8 wheels....stay tuned

EDIT: NOW I CAN'T F***ING WAIT FOR THE SNOW TO MELT. Whenever all of the snow melts, I CAN ORDER THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            It's looking promising that it my be by the end of next week. We are expecting temperatures in the fifties and rain on sunday :woot:
            Last edited by hemihotrod402; 03-05-2010, 08:47 PM.

Comment

I've had these done since Wednesday, but I've just now gotten a picture of them lol.

Behold: Blacked Out Headlight Bezels!!!!

I've also been browsing around at tires. Right now I'm looking at a set of Hankooks, and the wheels will be ordered either today or tomorrow!

Comment

We need a close up with them sexy clears installed.
                ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

We need a close up with them sexy clears installed.
                  I kinda have them torn apart right now so I can repaint the insides lol. I have to find a donor amber turn signal for the back, because one of mine is missing a screw tab. I did a mock up on the car with the grille, and it looks dead sexy, I didn't get a picture though.

Comment

How did tearing them apart go?
                    ~David~

Comment

How did tearing them apart go?
                      It went well, I soaked them in a bucket of warm water (like someone on here suggested) for a couple hours and meticulously took a razor blade and separated them. I was hoping to get them painted today, but it didn't get as warm as I had hoped.

Comment

You can use a heat gun to speed up the process if you are that anxious. Good going on getting them removed cleanly too!
                        ~David~

Comment

if you want to upgrade your stereo considerably, Id keep the head unit and speakers you have, add 2 tweeters just off the front speakers, add a small sub in a GOOD enclosure and a small amp. it will be a difference like night and day

Comment

Originally posted by jayh View Post
                            if you want to upgrade your stereo considerably, Id keep the head unit and speakers you have, add 2 tweeters just off the front speakers, add a small sub in a GOOD enclosure and a small amp. it will be a difference like night and day
                            Im looking to build an enclosure that will house 2 8 inch subs and put them on the rear shelf in the trunk. The door speakers are getting replaced with pioneers (right now they are really cheap and really crappy) and I have a pair of tweeters in the dash (well, I did lol). Im looking at an Infinity 4 channel amp that I reall want but it costs about 250 bucks, which is 250 bucks I don't have. That is on my summer to do list, along with a shitload of dynamat.

Comment

it all depends on music tastes, but on a budget, you can put a small amp in for the sub, a single 10 or a single 12 facing rearward or sideways, run all your existing speakers off the deck, crank the treble all the way and put the bass around -2 or so. you can get a cheap sub, and a used amp, you dont need a ton of power, and get good bass fill. speaker location, direction and quality and air space of the enclosure are all extremely important.
                              depending on what you listen to, you probably wont be satisfied with 8's pointing up through the rear deck

Comment

this is what Im going for:
                                For the bass heads and audiophiles, and the crazies that expand the factory system :D

Comment

Working...
                                X